Monday, September 24, 2018

God loves you

Guys it's cold outside.

A week with a small 🚗💥🚙💥🚙 little car accident oops, musical
fireside, district fun, ya know, the usual.

So ya time is kinda flying but that's OK. I loved this week. Sorta.
Some of you may have have heard but I was in a car accident oops. NOT MY
FAULT. So I'll describe and maybe attach a pic.


This is not the mission car! 


Mission car has a little dent, but the
hatch won't close properly. 
 
Just sitting at a light in Lauren (our car), Tabernacle choir playing
when boom. We get bumped just like in bumper cars. Upon further  
investigation, there were 4 cars in total. A lady (38 weeks pregnant) was 
probably  on her phone doing like 20mph... did not see the red light and smashed
into a BMW who then bumped us. Our car looks fine but it's actually
pretty wrecked. Our hatch barely closes we think it moved about 1"
haha. Good times. Made us late for our meal though!!

Tuesday we had to drive some elders to the train station for moves and
also we were on exchange so ^^^ car accident and Tuesday I was with
Elder Graabek... yep he was in the district back in Bishop Auckland.
So ya we were in a trio for lunch and we also did some finding in
Huddersfield city center. Before beginning, we all prayed and decided
we wanted to find 2 new friends to teach and we had about 2 hours.
Definitely possible. We started and walked 150' without speaking to
anyone (there were dozens of people around) then a nice lad stopped us.
He was sitting on a bench. We sorta chatted to him but we really taught the
lass next to him. She's met missionaries before (very common) and we
shared the 21 day Book of Mormon challenge with her and it was just so
good. So literally 2 minutes after praying we found 1 new friend. By
the end of the time we had found 3!!!! It was just so miraculous.

Friday was great because Athena had her baptismal interview!! Elder
Uter, my trainee, did it so I spent like 3 hours with him which was
lovely. Athena passed and is so excited for her baptism.

Jack will appreciate this.... sat at a car wash. Just pondering life
and the last 23 months and the future. So many people ask me if I'm
excited. To be honest I don't know. I'm more nervous than anything.
Change is always a challenge. There will be some good and some bad I'm
sure but still I really love England and all the amazing people I've
met. Just today I gave a blessing to a sister who said , "That's exactly
what I needed to hear". Feeling extra grateful I can be in a place
where I can experience so many amazing spiritual experiences. Having
cried the last 3 Sundays, I've really felt a strong pull towards family
history work. Should be interesting I guess. We drive around lots and
so we've began to branch out from listening to the Tabernacle choir to talks. 
Lately we listened to President Nelson's devotional for the youth, Elder Cook's
face 2 face event and many more talks on repentance, conversion and
the spirit. A common theme..... GOD LOVES YOU.

I'll take a moment to testify that Gods plan is perfect and that he
knows you and has given us everything we need to return to live with
him. I often feel a little in the dark and a little lost but there is
always a glimmer of hope brought about by faith which brings 
the light into my life.

The musical fireside was about Jesus Christ and was titled Come unto Christ ~what Jesus Christ can help us become. A talented elder sang Savior Redeemer of my Soul and it really just stuck with me. This one line I LOVE "hath made me whole" it really has become very clear that only Jesus Christ could overcome spiritual and physical death and only through Him can we be made whole. To be redeemed is to be restored to honour or worth. We can become so much more through Jesus Christ.

Jack came and said hi


Love ya genes,

Elder Pilling :)
Sent from the land of lads

No comments:

Post a Comment