Monday, September 10, 2018

Choose to let Him in and walk with Him

Ah it was a pretty good week :)

Taught a Slovakian family (so fun), celebrated Elder Uter's birthday
with a finding extravaganza and lunch, drove Lauren all over 2 tanks
of petrol... and spent 24 hr with Elder Sanchez from the 🇩🇴 that was
really fun!!



Ok I'll just dive in with whatever. We did a lot of stuff but not much sticks out.... ok funny story. We were knocking doors 🚪 and this lady answered.  She's probably 50 and is like we aren't interested. I asked what do you believe in and she calls over this other bloke, probably 22 years old and asks him what they believe. He's standing there at the door, probably 6'3,  completely naked with a nice little pillow from the couch covering up the frontish area. We talked for like 15 minutes about what they believe in and how faith has helped us. It was sooo funny. He wasn't even bothered. Haha classic mish stories.

So the week started off quite spiritual for me because we had the musical fireside at the mission home. But it kinda dwindled here at the end and I'm not too sure what to share with you all. I guess I have one more story. 

As Elder Sanchez and I were just having a blast on Saturday teaching people and what not, I got hungry in the evening and so we went to the local fish n chip shop. Did not feel like fish so we got tower burgers which are chicken burgers with a hash brown on it !! So yum yum. But it gets better.  We go to get a drink and they have Dr. P the original 23 flavours. (England has crazy sugar laws and so the Dr Pepper here is gross, actually all soft drinks here aren't that good) anyways so I really enjoyed my can as well as the half Elder Sanchez didn't drink! Good or bad news, I still love it 💙



But before that Dr. P miracle happened, we taught our friend Amiee and her mum Katrina. It started off interesting because Amiee, who loves football, started her season and will most likely have games on Sunday mornings so she asked us, "Will you still come teach me if I can't go to church?" So I was completely honest and had the opportunity to testify that God is real and that Jesus Christ is our Savior. I can't even describe to you what my relationship with Jesus Christ means, he saved me and I know he is there to lift and strengthen everyone else too. In this little moment in time I felt the pure joy the gospel brings. My mission has had its ups and downs but on average it's been the best 2 years. 

Naturally those who have difficult lives often think there is no God because there are too many horrible things that happen. It is forever a challenge we will all face. A famous poem by Robert frost says, "Two roads diverged in a wood, and I took the one less traveled by and that has made all the difference." I have often experienced a challenge, trial, difficult moment and I always have 2 choices. To follow the Savior and seek out strength from him or the other is to blame God and run and hide. There is a great power that comes when one chooses the road less traveled. For myself I would not have come remotely close to completing my mission. The first 2 weeks were so hard. There were challenges that popped up that no one knows about. This all leads me to my favorite song called Peace in Christ ( Dad if you want to sing at my talk pick this one :)) anyways one line really has taught me so much. "There is peace in Christ... when we walk with him" Jesus Christ experienced more than any of us ever will. His life was not a walk in the park. The truth is our own life will never be easy. I have learned 2 very important things. 1st life is extremely hard and there will always be those days when you feel as though you can't go on. 2nd Jesus Christ is the Savior and Redeemer of the world, which means he can lift us and strengthen us. Matthew 11:28 "Come unto me, all ye that labour and are heavy laden, and I will give you rest."  When we walk with him who is our Savior and Redeemer we will feel peace. We will be lifted and strengthened. I know this not because it's what someone taught me. I know this because I have experienced it. I have felt the burdens lifted and have felt peace in the moments that have been most challenging.

I can testify Christ lives and loves us. He is the prince of peace. If you choose to let him in and to walk with him you too can feel the same peace that I have felt. 



Love ya fam (and friends)!

Elder Pilling,

Sent from the land of lads

Oh ya we may lose our car and will have to either get bikes or ride the bus. Idk stay tuned for next week.

No comments:

Post a Comment