Tuesday, September 18, 2018

Hope of a better life


So this week includes: A prank from the assistants, rain, a run, some
miracles, more miracles. And a fantastic sacrament meeting. Oh and
Williams plus that other fam for Sunday meal ๐Ÿ’™๐Ÿ’™also Jack





So basically we had interviews and it went well. I gave a departing missionary testimony and was quite surprised with the way I spoke.  President is great. Big BMW fan. Sister Turvey used to drive an orange car haha.

A few lessons that were really good. We invited Amiee to be baptised... she said yes..... we had a lesson with Athena and talked about Shadrach Meshach and Abendigo haha no time to correct. What Nebekanezzer saw changed him. When they were saved from the fire the spirit testified to him. Anthena really connected and chose the day of September 29 for baptism !!!!!!!!!

Ok so Sunday was interesting because during the opening hymn a member came up and said oh the first speaker isn't here can you step in. Just 5 min on the Book of Mormon and how it testifies of Christ. I knew the member who was late and felt fairly confident he would show up in time.... well guess what. I gave a talk. It was good because I was perfectly calm and was clear and really enjoyed speaking (not normal for me).

Everyone who has ever been a missionary may have had this thought. The thought that you don't want to leave the mission. Well I never believed that would be me. I kinda was like naaa. Well the last few weeks I have loved!! My true love for the Savior is really what has changed me. It's fantastic seeing hope develop in someone's mind as you share what is a reality. The hope of a better life is so real. My time is ticking away here in England. I love all the memories. I treasure my friends here.

I know that it is by faith that miracles come forth. I spent 45 min with a brand new Elder from Italy. With the short drive we had 35 minutes to find a new person to teach. We decided we wanted 2 new friends. We prayed and went for it. Guess what, there was no one around haha. So we got back in the car and went to a new area. And we talked to 6 or 7 people. Then Elder Celestini asked if we can talk to teenagers. Yep. So we met Amber and Kaycee Lee. Both were not super motivated and not bothered until they learned about the blessing that can be gained from it. Boom, they both wanted a fresh start and wanted a life of joy. It was amazing and Elder Celsestini was soooo happy.



I gotta dash. Busy week with a musical fireside and what not. Getting a new district leader tomorrow. Busy times. Also if anyone cares, I bought a new reel for my fly rod :) I'm so chuffed. 

Love Elder P illing
Sent from the land of lads

No comments:

Post a Comment