Tuesday, April 4, 2017

Ever so Sweet

Hiya 

Things are sunny ☀️ warm and full of love! It was interesting watching general conference with the time zone change. So Saturday we watched the morning session at 5-7pm. Then Sunday we watched priesthood at 10-11:30 then Saturday afternoon 1-3pm then Sunday morning session 5-7pm. So I have yet to watch the afternoon Sunday session. We watched them as a broadcast at the stake centre. Hardly anyone Saturday. Even fewer Sunday. It was mostly missionaries haha. My mind is a blur full of all these quotes I like and the things I need to work on.  I will only share a few insights I received. More next week after I have some time to review. 

A few of my favourites. 

From Mark a Bragg 

In a darkening world the light of the church will be brighter and brighter until the final day. 

I love this one because I have seen a hastening in the work especially missionary work but also in the push to be better people! As a theme for this conference I have seen Jesus Christ but also an emphasis on love, charity, and kindness. It's a way to get us to be better people. 
Russell M. Nelson was sharing about the Saviour.

The Saviour warned us of the adversary's power and deception. Heavenly Father loved the world so he sent his son Jesus Christ. Whom gave his life for us....all so we could live with Heavenly Father again and have access to Godly power. This Godly power is what we need to overcome the trials and tests of our faith.

  
Today is 17C and sunny.  I'm loving it! 

We have got a new friend scheduled for baptism! His name is Steven. Because we teach 3 different Stevens now his nickname is.... Steven weightlifter Steven. Hahah it's fun! So I've known Steven for a few months now.  We see him on the streets quite a bit.  He originally met sisters here and they taught a little with him but his mom didn't want him to be baptized (he's 39)! But I followed a prompting to visit him on Friday and he let us in and we were able to share what baptism will do for him in his life.  We taught how through the atonement he will be able to quit smoking, be healthier and happier! He loved it and is so excited! His baptismal date is for May the 6th. It's his birthday on the 7th so I'd say it's a pretty sweet birthday gift! The gift of the Holy Ghost! More on him next week as we get to know him! 

I have such a strong testimony of the priesthood. Recently I have been able to come to the realization of the miracles I have had in my life through the power of the priesthood. I am grateful to be worthy to be a tool in the hands of God to serve his people! I must say the joy you get from inviting others to the gospel is ever so sweet. It can change lives! 

Love Elder Pilling 


Sent from the land of lads

No comments:

Post a Comment