Monday, March 27, 2017

Cherish family and friends

Hey everyone,
Unreal week weather wise. It was sunny sunny ☀️ I think low teens and man was it nice. No jacket, just hangin out. It's amazing how the sunshine can completely change the people's receptiveness to the gospel. They all of a sudden don't become "too busy" they have loads of time to chat haha. We met some really cool people this week and had some fun times.  We had exchange with the elders from Hull on Monday and Tuesday. Wednesday evening we traveled to Hull so we could make the coach at 6:30 the next morning for our zone conference!!! 

We were able to teach Elesha about prophets and priesthood authority this week. Sharing about what a prophet does and how he has blessed my life really brought a new found love for the prophets and apostles. They dedicate all the time and energy to do God's will. They wake up every morning to help build the kingdom of God in all that they do. Often times we overlook the work it takes to keep the church operating smoothly.  With around 16 million members all over the world, that's a lot of records and tithing to all keep track of. They do such a good job as they work to fulfil their duty and calling. I'm especially excited for general conference this weekend.! Except the time zone change so that sucks we won't be able to watch all of them live... 

President Monson slaying the browns!

Thursday at zone conference a senior couple serving as self reliance missionaries for all of England and Ireland came and spoke about the many programs the church has to help those people become self reliant. It's incredible. Elder and sister Dudley from Magrath!! Elder Walker and I talked to them after the meeting and I got a big warm southern Alberta hug from Elder Dudley! So cool. Side note my great grandma Pilling was Sister Dudley's seminary teacher in Picture Butte haha. Small world.

Zone conference was focused on showing love and care for the people you meet. Sharing a message which they will be interested in and want a return appointment. They really helped us train to be able to get the phone number and return appointment and have them be excited for an appointment. 


Man my favourite day this week was Sunday.  Sacrament meeting was pretty good. It was sorta a surprise because yesterday was Mother's Day haha. So all the talks were on mothers. Made me think how great my mom is! She puts others first in all she does. I love it. I can see how her influence on me as a child has made me better.  She is kind, loving and caring. Mom I love you! I especially love your testimony and your dedication to your calling. I see your love for our Saviour runs deep and is ingrained in all that you do. By following in the Saviour's example you have uplifted and encouraged me!

Also, Sunday I met a cyclist! He's a big deal haha. He runs a local race team who won the race series here in Yorkshire last season. Here's a pic just to show a little.  His name is David.




He works for Pactimo based in Colorado. He is also manager for the team and this last season he and his mates started a wheel company.  He makes the rims and the hubs are also made in Yorkshire! (shown in the picture). He is best mates with the cyclist I met a few months ago named Gary. So that's why they both ride the ti frames hand built in Beverley! I asked the classic question, "Do you use Strava?" haha He said of course you kind of have to when you work In the industry. Such a homie.  He said he has 14 bikes so maybe he will take me out on a ride..:) 

This week I have been studying the Holy Ghost and how we must tune in to the promptings much like we would tune a bike. There are many different things that must all be in working order for us to clearly hear the promptings of the Holy Ghost. So I have been working on my prayers and obedience, keeping my thoughts focused on the work and focused on our Saviour. As we direct our thoughts to the Saviour, we are promised to be uplifted by him and promised to have strength to move forward.  From a talk given by Boyd K. Packer he gives us a few things that will help us be worthy to feel of the spirit. " The requirement of faith, humility, and obedience to qualify him for the visitation of the Spirit."

Family, friends, and maybe even random viewers of my blog, I want to testify of the fullness of the gospel of Jesus Christ. The truth has once again been restored to the earth in preparation of the second coming. God has given us gifts which are presented to us through the spirit which help us in our eternal salvation. I know Heavenly Father's love for us is unmeasurable and greater than all love.  He answers prayers, he answers the requests for strength we ask for through his son Jesus Christ. The atonement is what makes us better people and it is what, in the end, will get us back to our father in heaven. I would like all to know that living the gospel isn't easy. I know I have struggled as many others have. But it is through our Saviour and Redeemer we are perfected and made better. I love this work and I do love my Father in Heaven. 

Hope you all enjoy your time together as family and friends. Cherish those memories! They are the best ones. 

With love,
Elder Pilling
Sent from the land of lads

No comments:

Post a Comment