Tuesday, April 11, 2017

Impressions


Hey everyone!

This week so warm, 20 degrees on Sunday! But supposed to be colder this coming week. 

I am doing good. Like really good. I love teaching weightlifter Steven. He came to all 3 hours of church. He is so willing to learn and read.  So dang good. It's exciting being able to ACTUALLY TEACH. He is so receptive. Last week till transfers!! So crazy!  Next week I will know if I stay or go! Crazy how fast time flies. 

This week I did loads of running. It's difficult fitting a longer distance run
into 30 min so we've had to run faster. Really cool views this week!!!
And of course some cool missionary work.

Early morning run with Elder Rex
Countryside views on our run

So we had exchanges this week which, as always, was a Party! Elder Rex
is from Orem and loves to run and hike. He's done all the big
mountains in Utah so quite fit so we went running. 4 miles into the countryside, so beautiful!  We enjoyed spending time together but didn't find too many people who were interested, although we did meet some interesting people.

I also had exchange with Elder Berndt who is from Seattle!!! We met a Romanian guy who is sooo cool. We set a date for baptism and he is really excited to be converted! His name is Emanuel. It was the biggest miracle. Elder Berndt was inspired that we do our finding on Washington street. This is where Emanuel lives! Man it's very hard to explain how cool it is to be able to follow the spirit!

I have been studying a talk... by Quinton L Cook, "Foundations of Faith". It has really brought deep thought and I will share a few parts that have left an impression on me. He shared the bible story Luke 8. Of when the women had a issue of blood and with her faith she knew she could be healed. As she touched his robes she was instantly healed. From this story I understand that we need to have such faith.

A quote from the talk: "Personal prayers and supplications to a loving Father in Heaven in the name of Jesus Christ can bring blessings into our lives beyond our ability to comprehend. The foundations of faith, the kind of faith that this woman demonstrated, should be the great desire of our hearts."

I love those simple things Elder Cook has challenged us to do. And the powerful promises that come. "Pondering the scriptures regularly--rather than reading them occasionally......life-changing enhancement of our faith".

Over the past week I have read end of Alma and all of Helaman. The strength and faith of Samuel has uplifted me. Seeing how he put all his trust in the lord and to have been untouched by the wickedness just shows how powerful Heavenly Father really is. He will keep us safe if we follow Jesus Christ.

I love you all and all the support! I do love the emails from each of you. I am especially busy today.  I was hired to cook pancakes for the zone.   6 cups of flour later...I made dozens haha.



Love Elder Pilling
Sent from the land of lads

No comments:

Post a Comment