Monday, April 24, 2017

Bitter Sweet Moment and a Move

I am moving... to a place called Keighley (keithley). It is about
twice the size of Beverley. My new companion is Elder Bailey from
Australia I believe! He has been out 2 transfers which is exciting! My
new area is hilly which I am really exciting for! I'm not sure much
else but sounds like a good area. Don't send letters or anything to
Needham Close anymore.

This week I had a bitter sweet moment. Thursday our investigator
Weightlifter Steven called and said his doctors don't want him meeting
with us and having that new stress of a big life change while he is
switching medication. He was very nice and said I am a good man and
will be successful. He thanked us for the visits and friendship we had.
At that moment I realized I had love for him. A deep love as well.
Which was really cool to experience.  It's unfortunate he is not being taught
anymore but I am grateful for the time I was able to teach him.

We found a girl named Beth this week. She is a single mom with an 18
month old. So good. She is searching for direction, love and a good
support system as she is in the new stage in her life. Excited for
Elder Charman to teach her and help her experience the love that can
be there through the Saviour.

This week I have been studying a book called Leadership by some church
member who teaches how to be a leader by follow Jesus Christ. It's so
good. Talked a lot about how what we think can really change how we
act. I have also been studying about the preparatory priesthood and
the way it can prepare us for our journeys in life. How through the
simple principles of work and love that are learned, set us up for the
life ahead where we can thrive as worthy priesthood holders of God.
The things I was able to learn as a priest have set values for me as a
church member but also has helped me become who I am. I love this
gospel. I know Jesus is the Christ. God answers prayer people! All he
asks of you is to pray. Humble yourself and ask for help. 

Last night we slept over in Hull for transfer night so I haven't
packed at all yet 😵 should be a long night.

Yep, it's a real car
Brandon wearing his Park City vest
Love you all
❤️❤️
Sent from the land of lads

No comments:

Post a Comment