Monday, February 6, 2017

New companion, new schedule

Heylo

Well, my new comp is Elder Charman from Kent... Rochester England.
His last companion was Elder Thompson..... he is from my stake back
home!! Things are different with the new comp. Some of it is because
of the new schedule, some because people can be way different.



So I'll do my best to summarize my new comp and stuff. His behaviour
profile is high C... it's good stuff.  We work so hard and have every
minute of the day planned... literally. It's a complete change for me.
This week I learned that each missionary has their own strengths...
some are good teachers some are good at finding. I am learning so much
so fast from my new comp. It'll be a good transfer that's for sure!
He's short and his parents are converts and he likes science. Wants to
be an aerospace engineer.

The new schedule has given us 30 extra minutes in the morning to get
ready and it has given us 30 extra in the evening of free time. They
moved nightly planning to the morning and made it so you can do
companion study whenever you feel you can best use it. So we are
getting used to the schedule. Also pday starts at 8 am instead of 10am
so 2 extra hours.... so nice. But one of the unfortunate things is
only 30 minutes for lunch sooo I'm not sure how well I'll do. 

This week I had English Fish and Chips!!! It was way good. I also rode
a nice bike..... it was a Giant electric bike. it was a Trance with
that electric stuff. Sooo dang fast. I barely pedalled and zoom so
sweet. I see why everyone likes them. The technology is unbelievable.

The real stuff this week. We worked and worked and worked. Elder
Charman relies on me because he doesn't know the area at all. We met
with Elesha which was very interesting. The spirit was there; hoping
she will progress. I am getting really comfortable in all missionary
situations.

People, prayer is the best! When you pick up a new companion and you've
never met him before, things get lonely really fast. But prayer...Heavenly Father is there.
He always will be and is excited to listen and help. I testify that
Heavenly Father answers prayers. I know he loves me and he loves you.


Have a stellar week everyone!  I pray for you :)))

Elder Pilling
Sent from the Land of Lads

No comments:

Post a Comment