Monday, February 20, 2017

February is flying


Hey hi hello :)

Man, February is fllllying by, seems like yesterday I picked Elder
Charman up from the train station.... this week has been crazy. I'll
start from the beginning. Monday and Tuesday we were on exchange with
the Hull elders. One is from Orem Utah one is from Provo haha. I was
able to go finding with Elder Shiew in Hornsea, my favourite little
seaside town 🌊. I feel like I learned so much in so little time. I learned how to be persistent and loving. We turned an atheist (or so he said) into a believer!  I normally would have just given up when Dave said I don't believe and am not interested in religion, but Elder Shiew and I kept pushing and asking questions. He really does want to find out if God is there. We testified that the Book of Mormon is the word of God and can bring so much peace to him in this life. Super fun to change things up! We all got a bunch of kebabs for tea... google Turkish kebabs I think. Anyways here's a pic.

Wednesday we had interviews and a training session by the zone leaders.  We also watched a mission president broadcast. It was such a long day! Spiritually exhausted at the end. We talked a lot about how to be authentic when you are finding and teaching. Practiced how to express love to the people we find. President Turvey shared with us how we need to be finding the people who are carrying a burden like thousands of people are and help them have their burdens lifted by the Saviour and atonement. Matthew 11:28-30. Jesus Christ suffered and died for US so we can be forgiven and so we can be better. Through Christ our life's burdens can be lifted. We are not alone in this challenging life. And as it says in the hymn 140 did you think to pray "prayer will turn the night to day".

I testify God answers prayers. He loves you as much as he loves me. I have seen God's love pour out upon those who pray for guidance.  

We met a guy from Slovakia!! Haha long story. When he was fleeing his country way back when threats of war, he caught the last train out and traveled with a bunch of missionaries! Then he also lived in Utah for 5 years! So he knew quite a bit.


His wife is from California. We had some good chats and he loved talking about snow. Such a nice couple but unfortunately they said they were going to stay with their Catholic faith. Still super cool tho.

We still have the same two investigators, Elesha the Jamaican and Roger the fisherman. We should be seeing Roger more this week and will try to bond a bit more. I am going to ask if he will take us fishing... should be exciting. 

Since we only have 30 min for lunch now, I make peanut butter and banana sandwiches...feels like I'm doing a 24hr race haha. There are so many road cyclist here!! When the sun shines, they all come out. Mostly out of shape guys, but still dozens.

Love the pictures. Send me more pictures of fishing and mountains... members love those.  Thank you for all the support and love. 

Elder Pilling
Sent from the land of lads


Penny farthing bike rack? 

I have loads of super stellar pics on the camera lol 


No comments:

Post a Comment