Monday, February 27, 2017

Everything is Awesome



Hi People,

So this week we were busy I think.. uhhhh it rained a little bit. But let's see the important stuff that happened. We had an FHE lesson we played such a fun game with a new member. It's like 20 questions Book of Mormon style. One person reads a Book of Mormon character but doesn't tell anyone. Then you go around the room asking questions until you know who it is. It's surprisingly hard!

I have realized that there are so many cool people out there.  For example this week we met a guy named Pete. He had a Porsche in the driveway so obvi something in common haha. He let us in and we chatted for awhile. We met a guy named Steven whom was just so nice.  It was raining and we were wet so he let us in and talked a little. He was busy (had his grandson over) but he did hooks us Diet Coke and an apple! Stay healthy peeps ;)

The coolest countryside


Guy said he can do 80mph in 1st gear...... 
Nice guy let us in to get dry and gave
us a Diet Coke and an apple


Wednesday was a crazy day. We spent most of the day in Hull at a district meeting and then organizing stuff for a baptism on Saturday! We are working hard here, by talking with the other missionaries we have come to the conclusion that Beverley is a really different area. It's unlike anything else in the mission. The people are posh, busy, old, and don't want to be bothered. Which is like the worst combination. Buuuttttt it just means you have to think of new ways to find people. So after hours of brainstorming we have got some good ideas . Working more with members and working with the people we have found..

I have been studying a few talks about the difference between a testimony and being converted. Full Conversion by Richard G. Scott
Converted unto the Lord David A. Bednar

As I have read and re-read these talks, the difference I have noticed is whether or not you act on your testimony. For many of us, finding a testimony that we feel is strong and unshakable seems hard enough. But the thing is you don't need to have a super stellar, massive testimony to be converted. For me I do not have a great knowledge of the gospel or the scriptures. But what I do know is God loves me, he answers my prayers. I know the Book of Mormon is the word of God. By acting upon what I know, I feel the blessings of being converted.  I show my conversion by living the gospel of Jesus Christ to the best of my abilities.

Love you all people.

2 weeks until transfers so don't send letters to my house....


Love Elder Pilling

Sent from the land of lads

No comments:

Post a Comment