Monday, February 13, 2017

Yikes it's cold!

This week flew by! Unfortunately we were unable to teach any of our
investigators so let's start with pday last week.  We played American football 
and ultimate Frisbee which was so fun. The field we played on was so muddy
because it's England and nothing dries here hhaha During the week we
spent some time in Hornsea which is a small town on the sea side! We
also visited Driffield a town 10 miles north of Beverley. We froze
this week all bundled up, but we managed. Because it's so cold
people will not stand and chat at the door or on the street so we got
lots of "not interested" or "I'm busy". I am quite used to the older
people in Beverley who say they are "set in their ways" but Elder
Charman is not and I guess we both worked harder because of it.

In Driffield on Friday it was full on snowing just like a Canadian
snow storm. I was loving it... but the snow didn't stick and just
melted but they were super big pretty snow flakes. Unfortunately the
iPad camera doesn't pick up the snow :/



We visited a few of the members whom I have talked about before.

Meet sister Mary Boswell.  She's in her mid 80's SHE IS MY FAVORITE!  She always feeds us and is sooo funny. This week we did service for her. We show up and we are like where should we start. She said oh noo we must eat. So we ate beef pie and homemade ginger bread and custard. Man so good. She knows so many scriptures, like unbelievable.
Sis. Boswell


I have been assigned by the zone leaders to make cookies for interviews this week. They love the peanut butter cookies so much so I'll be baking cookies tonight and tomorrow all night. 

I have been studying a talk Josh gave me called "The challenge to become by Dallin H. Oaks October 2000. So so so so so good. 

I can handle a video if you send one.... that's the part I didn't understand before my mission.  The joy you get from sharing the gospel is something I have never experienced.  Far more joy than landing the 30" bull or hitting the 727 downhill.  It's something I don't think anyone can explain.  You must experience.

That's it for now.  Thanks for all your love and support!
Elder Pilling 

Sent from the land of lads

No comments:

Post a Comment