Monday, January 30, 2017

Classic Week

Guuuys,

Transfer calls were last night! I am staying in the Beverley area!!
Super happy about that.  I feel I have tons of work to do here. The ward
members I really enjoy as well. I am getting a British companion.  He's
been out about a year and a half. Should be exciting!!! Will keep you
all posted; I meet him tomorrow.

This week was a classic week. Had a lesson, did some knocking, met some
members. Met some less actives. Just a fun time here!!! I Answered a
concern our investigator had. She has been asking how she will know
what her answer will be to her prayers. She was struggling to know how
to tell the difference between just her mind thinking it's the right
thing and her receiving an answer from God. She grew up a Christian in
Jamaica 🇯🇲 and really loved feeling the spirit when attending
church. She pointed out she hasn't felt that in a looong time. It came
to me by the Holy Ghost that this was to be her answer. I testified
that the Holy Ghost will answer her by feeling and comfort. She will
feel the same as she would feel as a young girl attending Christian
church. I testified of the most pure comfort and peace that the Holy
Ghost has brought me in my life. The spirit was so STRONG It was so
good.

We were able to meet our friend Suzy whom we bumped into on the street
last week. She was listening to Book of Mormon musical so she was
quite intrigued to hear us. When we met her she had said she and her
babysitter had googled mormons for 2 hours while reading some of the
Book of Mormon. She was confused because the wording was difficult but she
asked loads of questions about all the classic Mormon things. She was
really interested in what we do as missionaries and she expressed
sympathy and said if we ever need anything to just text her. She also
said she wished she could just mother us while we are here hahaha.
(we had mentioned we miss our moms cooking and stuff) hahaha

Met with Stuart, my all time fav member. He's almost 22 and such a rad guy, a
convert of a few years back. Met with the most interesting member
Jerry. He fed us some black pudding!!!!!! It was kinda ok haha. I
wouldn't order it in a restaurant but still I finished it all.

Sister Taylor fed us haggis for burns night haha:) actually quite
good. Tasted like stuffing.

Trying haggis for the first time

Doing a little service
Pretty awesome scenery

Spending some time on the bike




New tie from Grams!


No comments:

Post a Comment