Monday, January 9, 2017

Week like... I don't know what

Well this week was interesting. I have learned that people take
criticism differently.  We had a stellar start to the week which began with an
investigator lesson with Alisha. We had a member there named Bro Drane.
He's  older and so good. She asked loads of questions and the spirit
was strong. We will see how it goes this week with her. We had
interviews on Wednesday so we traveled to hull. Things have changed
around. We no longer have zone training, and we have zone conferences
and interviews every transfer. So it makes president busy. Our interview
format was also different. We started with a 1 hour cluster meeting
with our zone, the APs and President and Sister Turvey. It was good, a
little bit different but good. We talked about how to teach about the blessings
of the living the gospel. Next, as a companionship we had a 10 min interview
with with both President and Sister Turvey. We discussed our area and
the people we are teaching. Then we separated and had two 10 min
interviews. I started with Sis Turvey. She is soooo good. She hit all
the right notes. She asked a few brilliant questions. Example, "At what
point did you realize you wanted to serve a mission?" We continued to
talk and she built up my confidence and it was sooooo good. Then I
switched to President Turvey, whom didn't say much. He assured me I
was doing about all I can do with the tools I have. And he also helped
me see that my potential was yet to be achieved. He also mentioned
some things would be changing next transfer for sure. After we had an
interview with Elder Dobbs, one of the APs. He goes home this transfer.
He somehow pulled out a very personal story and helped me see how
teaching with the spirit and authenticity makes a HUGE difference.
Overall I loved it. So uplifting and spiritually reassuring. 

Sunday we had some good stuff. We went by some more former investigators. 
And we met Michael ,the neighbour of a former. He's 26 and interested. He
had some similar values as me. Similar thoughts and feelings towards
life so that was cool. And we taught him and now is a new investigator.
He works in the blood place at the hospital and commutes 2 hours so is
away 7-11pm every day except weekends. It'll be difficult to see him. 

I look forward to this week where new goals can be achieved and things can improve. I went running. Well, to be fair I dragged my companion jogging. Barely above walking haha. We have splits with the other Hull lads tonight and tomorrow then Wednesday is ZL splits. This week should be great. Hope to get out on the bikes some and meet some new people. I have high goals set for the next few days.

On a side note, when I was on splits with zl Elder Candia, I street contacted a guy named Daniel. I found out he was baptized last week!! So cool to be a part of that.

Today we spent the day playing risk with other elders and a less active returned missionary and getting a hair cut (lol) 
New Haircut
Game of Risk



Have a good week.
Elder Pilling
Sent from the lad of lads

No comments:

Post a Comment