Monday, January 23, 2017

Don't forget to pray

Hey people of the forest! 

This week was interesting. Picture a big wave that you were surfing like a pro, then it hit the reef and you almost died...but Heavenly Father saved you from death and you got back out there and surfed an even bigger wave and rocked it. 

Ya that's my week haha. 

Let's start off with facts:  Current weight is 73.8 kg. Or 162 lbs. Haven't grown a cm yet. I've had 2 haircuts. I've almost worn out 1 pair of shoes. I've eaten approx 18 donuts. Drank 22 gallons of milk. Walked like loads of miles. Biked about 6 miles. Ran about 12 miles. Purchased 22 train tickets. Made home made mac n cheese 25 times. All In the past 2 1/2 months. 

Now into the goods...

Tuesday we walked for ages to the very corner of the town. Knocked on some super posh houses and it seemed like the whole neighbourhood was, "I'm fine with what we have no thank you" haha.  It was not very encouraging.  But we did not give up! Met a nice guy who knew quite a bit about mormons. Been to Slc knew all the rumours and many of the truths. Knew the restoration pretty good. He was open to another visit. Met one of my many favourite members named Jerry or Andrew (he changes it every time we visit).  He is an accountant and takes contracts for 2-8 months at a time and travels all over England. Lives out of a hotel when on business. He made me laugh. His sense of humour is difficult to get used to but I love it haha.

Wednesday, this is where I hit the reef. I was emotionally a wreck, no idea why. After district meeting I was so lost during lunch. I read last emails and letters and studied some talks. They all pointed to one thing...... PRAYER. I was like duuuh so I knelt and prayed for ages. Longest most powerful prayer I've ever given. I poured my heart out and pleaded to get strength. Heavenly Father did not take long to answer my prayers. Thursday was great! So many people wanted to talk to us and people made me so happy. I was smiling and loving life. The slow times passed quickly. Friday the greatness continued. We knocked on some more doors, although we didn't receive much success.  I had a blast.  Elder Blonquist and I talked and joked and laughed. Some classic people and some funny stories. Friday the fun continued, kinda haha. We had some appointments early on and they went well. One of which was with my fly fishing friend. (Trying to get him to invite me to go with him). Later we knocked on a door. A lady answered and she just laughed. She said, "I'm sorry but I just got back from the Book of Mormon musical a few days ago!" She said her daughter would be so jealous. We talked for quite awhile.  She wanted a picture to send to her kids. She asked so many questions. Mostly derived from the play. She was so honoured to receive a Book of Mormon. Although she wasn't too interested in our message she said she is happy to see us again. The seed is planted! 

Literally 10 minutes down the road Elder Blonquist was prompted to street contact a lady with headphones in. Turns out she was listening to the Book of Mormon musical sound track. She also has seen it a few weeks ago! She was more interested so we shared a Book of Mormon and set a return appointment! 

The afternoon we caught a train north to Driffield. We were supposed to be going over to a members house for tea appointment but instead he said he was surprised to see us.  We watched them eat Chinese takeout for an hour until our ride came to pick us up. It was awkward wow. Our other appointments all flogged (cancelled) us that evening as well. Saturday was uneventful, not really sure what happened tbh. Sunday was a blast.  A recent convert, Stuart returned home from his trip to South Africa 🇿🇦. He is like 6'8" rugby player he's such a solid guy. We had a blast teaching him. We also visited Sister Taylor, the missionary mom. Sunday an elderly lady, Sister Boswell (she's 80 something and learned to play the organ for church just a year ago) invited us for gingerbread and custard. IT WAS SO GOOD. I died and went to heaven. It was a soft cake thingy and yummy custard. She's such a stellar member! 

I am excited for the challenges we face each week. I turn to the lord for guidance and help. I am really enjoying growing my relationship with my Heavenly Father. It has given me so much peace.

Last week till transfers which is crazy! I'll keep u all posted on what happens. On Wednesday we have the world wide missionary broadcast as well. Which is exciting. 

A cool tree

And some beautiful scenery during a bathroom break 

I made some unreal toblerone cookies for Sister Taylor's birthday 




Enjoy your week everyone. Don't forget to pray! :) 

Love elder pilling 
Sent from the land of lads

No comments:

Post a Comment