Monday, January 2, 2017

A lot of knocking

This marks the start of my only full year in the mission! Exciting
huh? This week has been full of good old fashioned missionary work. We
spent the daylight hours knocking on doors and in the evening we have
been knocking on all of the people who have visited with missionaries
in the past. There's probably 50 or more haha. This means travelling
throughout our entire area which is quite big and has half a dozen
outer smaller villages. This week we biked to Walkington (yay!) and I had a
blast. And we took a bus 40 min to the east to a sea side village

Hornsea!!!!  




Up stream from this monster there were a dozen
more.  20" was the biggest I saw.  It makes me
wonder where I can get my hands on a rod...



This Christmas season I have studied the Atonement every single day.  I have come to love the Saviour and am so incredibly grateful for his love and perfect example.  The atonement is a gift we all under appreciate.  It holds so much happiness and peace for those willing to follow the teachings. A quote I've enjoyed this week: "What a caterpillar calls the end of the world, the master calls a butterfly."  Sometimes we get lost in the confusion of our day to day lives and get set back by trials. But something to always remember is Heavenly Father has a plan for each one of us and he loves us very much.  He will never give us a trial which we cannot overcome.  We have trials to build us up. Yes, they are difficult and they are supposed to be.  We cannot learn from good times.  Fishing wouldn't be fun if you caught trophy sized fish every cast all day long.

I love you all and I love this gospel.  I challenge everyone to study the atonement because it has brought me so much happiness.  :)

Also, email me at cale.pilling@myldsmail.net

Love, 
Elder Pilling

Sent from the land of lads

No comments:

Post a Comment