Friday, August 31, 2018

Consistently put your faith in Christ


Sorry for the lack of wording on the last bunch of emails.... today
I'm starting at 8:30 am so I should get a nice juicy one done!!

This week Elder Pilling... teaches John over the phone, participates
in a free car 🚗 wash, attends his church meetings and puts on a
jumper :)


As you most all know I moved areas! Side note, it was a surprise because I only have 1 transfer left.... Anyways so 3 elders went home about 10 days early to get to school on time. I figured only 3 naaaa I'll just stay in York might get moved when the actual transfer comes but probs not. JOKES Wednesday night president called and then I frantically said goodbye to all my friends in York Thursday and took a train down on Friday. (This all happened 9 days ago).

I am in the Meltham Ward in the Huddersfield stake. It's in Yorkshire (best county) which is beautiful. Proper green rolling hills, stone walls, tiny roads with random cute little villages. IT'S A BLAST. That was the one thing about York. It was flat which makes things not so pretty haha. So our ward is a collection of small villages and for some reason members of the church love it here! As I said before there are sooooo many members. We have a car because the buses are kinda non existent. Little Hyundai ix20 it's got a nice 1.4L 4 cylinder. Absolutely gutless. Gets good fuel economy tho. 30 English mpg which is I don't know maybe 27 Merican mpg???




Soooooo things have been pretty wild here. We have some REALLY great friends who I love!!! As a mission all you do is INVITE. And for the most part it's a struggle to get people to keep the commitment you leave. BUT our friend, she's 14 and she has kept every single invitation so far. We taught her and her mum the first time about a week ago. And she just finished 1 Nephi !!!!!! I AM SO CHUFFED (google it haha) 

John is 18 and he went on holiday so we just called him Tuesday and started teaching him on the phone. Love technology. It was great he's nearly done 1 Nephi too!! 

Wednesday we had a lovely district council s/o to Elder Cook 🙏🏼. It's sad because transfers are tomorrow (the real ones)  and Elder Cook and his trainee are moving to York and leaving us... bitter sweet because they get to teach Antoinette!!! If y'all remember a year ago I was in the same district as Sister Atkinson for 6 months... well she was in the same district now but is moving down south. So lots of changes, sad days. We are getting lunch with em all today :p :))) 

Saturday we did a FREE CARWASH listen up fellow missionary friends. THIS WAS SO GOOD. So we just had 2 elders in cardboard boxes that said "Free Car Wash" dancing on the street then the rest of us were at the chapel washing cars. We did 5 chapel tours, handed a bunch of Book Of Mormons out and now the missionaries have some really solid return appointments!!!  Huge success. They just got out of their cars and as we washed them while some missionaries taught them or toured them around the church. 



Ah so in my studies I've really focused on conversion (President Turvey asked us).  Anyways there's 1 word that always stands out. CONSISTENTLY. In all the talks I've read and all my studies, to be converted is to consistently live the gospel. Consistently repent and do better. I have really seen blessings as we strive for conversion. Starts with a single step in the right direction. If you feel stuck, put your faith in Christ and take a step. Besides, I think you'll be a little surprised with what is possible. 

Love love love England and the people here. 

Sincerely,
Elder Pilling 

Sent from the land of the lads

The chairs represent how many transfers we've been out.

No comments:

Post a Comment