Wednesday, April 4, 2018

Conference

Lots is going on!!

This past week we had zone conference. It is always good to meet as
half the mission with President and Sister Turvey. This one was different
and really quite good. I'll explain.  

I saw Elder Walker :) he's finally in the North again!!

Every 6 months the church sends out an anonymous survey we take so they can gather information about us and our well being. President Turvey recently received these results and we went over many of them. We were above average when compared to the other missions in Europe in almost all areas. We struggled with studying Preach My Gospel daily. He focused on our results from the question, "Do you feel pressure or stress when speaking to your leaders about indicator numbers?" This was significantly higher than he would like it to be. So we spent a loooong time talking about love and what we as a mission can do to feel love and unity. This has already had a really positive impact, I have been noticing more love from my leaders, there's more friendship and more trust.  So far a great success! 


We had a few beautiful days absolutely stunning !! 
Conference, let's see. Pretty incredible!! Lots of changes as you all know :) I feel very good and comfortable with the changes. I have a new found love for ministering ! I'm excited to apply myself to the work when I get home :) unfortunately for the first 15 min of the Saturday morning session it was in german and the tech people where rushing to fix it so we completely missed the solemn assembly :( sad and a bummer. My favorite talk is probably Elder Ballard or Elder Uchtdorfs, both were very excellent. Full of good doctrine. Also enjoyed Elder Holland's jokes haha cracked us up!  

As a district we finished off the last session today in the kitchen with homemade pizza. 

This upcoming week is going to be special! We are set with high faith and high expectations to find 10 new friends to teach! ( the average is 2) we are all doing it in the district so it's a go go go week. PLUS President and Sister Turvey are coming to our district council on Wednesday to see what more they can do to help us! 

I really really appreciate all your prayers and support. It helps ,I can feel them! If I don't reply to an email you send don't think he forgot about me. I read every one of them and love them! I just run out of time as we try to make memories out here rather than email all day!

Love you all 

Elder Pilling :) 

Sent from the land of lads 




No comments:

Post a Comment