Monday, April 9, 2018

A Week of Miracles

Fam Jam and others, 

Guys it's spring (nearly).  It's a tad cold and was really wet on Wednesday.. we got soaked :) all good fun

A very quick update. 

We had a little exchange on Wednesday with the Darlington elders. I spent some time with Elder Graabek good lad :) It was very very wet. We got soaked to the bone and didn't have an umbrella oops. I gambled on the weather, took a peek outside and thought, oh it's dry out no rain coat. 2 hours later. Worst rain storm they've had in years haha 

Saturday we had district council. President and Sister Turvey joined us :) We spent the time learning about faith. Specifically 1 Nephi 17. Nephi is commanded to build a ship. He goes and does. No questions. I love the scripture where he says "Arise, and get thee into the mountain. And it came to pass that I arose and went up into the mountain, and cried unto the Lord." 

Arise and he did so without a doubt. Putting all his faith and trust. Love it :) 

We had a week of miracles in the entire zone. There had been this ceiling where we haven't been able to achieve more than it. Specifically 42 baptisms in a month as a mission. And stuck at about 100 new friends as a zone. So this week we shattered that ceiling as a district. Busted out long days working hard. Found 20 total! Normal is about 5 maybe 6 on a really good week. So we really have been seeing the hastening of the work. I love it! 


Saturday I was with Elder Scheffner (Corner Canyon alumni :) ) yay we found this family!! Johnny and Charlie and their three kids.  They are so legit!! I'll snap a pic when we see them on Friday! Classic fam and we love them! So excited to help them learn. Legit miracles !!! Also ate a chicken Parmesan (native to north east England) 

Let me tell y/all God is real. God is good. I love this gospel and the way it challenges us to be better. My new favourite quote. President Ballard said this "Life can be filled with faith, joy, happiness, hope, and love when we exercise the smallest amount of real faith in Christ." 

This is so pure and so true. Faith can move mountains :)  Life is SO good! 

Also shoutout to sister Clair, love yous :) Enjoy the wedding! I'll be here in England inviting people to come unto Christ so don't you worry about me !!! 

Ok so I learned something. At the beginning of one's mission, like the other Elder Pilling, everything is new to you.  You have many new experiences so you really are motivated to share them. Then after about a year... things slow down and your mission is the only thing you can remember. It feels like home and it just feels so normal. So if you want to learn something I'll reply to your personal email within 2 weeks :)  

I am loving spring here. We are about to shed the jackets :) this was a while back but still pretty.

Love you all :) 
Elder Pilling
Sent from the land of lads 



  




No comments:

Post a Comment