Wednesday, February 7, 2018

Sad days

So lots has happened this week...even had a little sneaky Skype with the fam (it's
approved :)

Let's start with Monday. There's a member who invites the elders over
every other week for a little family home evening so that was super fun. At the
moment they have a danish exchange student named Oscar. He will be
over here for 8 weeks taking the equivalent of his last year of high
school. He is a good guy for sure. He is a big reader so you all know
what that means. We gave him a Book of Mormon.... he said he's read
all the other religious texts; Bible, Quran etc. He said " I must read
and learn about it all before I say God isn't real." Should finish the
Book of Mormon really quick. Hoping he doesn't finish it before we can
tell him about Moroni and his promise!

So the highlight of the week was doing a little Skype lesson with
Jamison and his mom!! Aka Ian and his friend. It was the most
challenging lesson I've ever had. But I think it went well! It's
really cool to see people who are touched by the Holy Ghost. They have
this glow and this interest that I just love.

It's been a little too cold this week. Just a tad uncomfortable at
times. We did have some good fun on a little exchange dealio with the
Darlington elders. Had a district jeopardy game then hit the streets.
Didn't meet a ton of new people but had fun :)

TBH I'm super bummed that elder Ward is being transferred. Sad times. I have
loved the last 7 weeks, it's been a joy 😎  Now things are changing
quite a lot in the England Leeds mission. They are closing the London
South mission July 1st so our mission will gain 3 new stakes/zones. So
an extra 70-80 missionaries. Our mission is not quite doubling in size
but it's definitely growing!!

Some good things happening. The district is changing quite a bit too.
2 brand new missionaries will be joining us. Then my new comp Elder Selk.
He is very new. Same as Joe. So it's pretty young up in here. Plus I'm 3
years older than my new comp lol. I could ride a bike before he was
born 😂 anyways things are interesting for sure. I'm not even really
sure what to say. I'll snap a new district pic on Wednesday. It's
gunna be crazy.



Love yas

Elder Pilling

Sent from the land of the lads

No comments:

Post a Comment