Monday, February 12, 2018

Bye Elder Ward

Wehoooo 

Srrsly don't know where to start. Kinda want to go random today so know this isn't in order. 

We had a meeting in Leeds so we stayed over in Darlington (area below ours), caught a train at 8am and zoomed down. Super super good meeting. I definitely caught the vision President Turvey has for the mission. We have this thing called #TT which stands for think two. For a long while we have been finally achieving 1 baptism a week in our zones. Well you guessed it, President Turvey wants it to be 2 a week. We have all been stuck with a glass ceiling where we only set goals to find 2 or 3 new people a week. But President Turvey and I are now confident that it can be 1 a day! So we are going to shatter this ceiling and think two ;) 

I'm super excited about that^^^

I said bye to my new friend Elder Ward 😪 it was the best  7 weeks of my mission that's for sure. Really do miss him. He has another 20 months left in the mission so I'll have to wait awhile to hangout with him haha. I'm sure one day we will drive around in our land cruisers together. (Yes he drives a 1997 land cruiser).

So I got a new comp! He's fresh out of training. And also fresh out of highschool. It's been a pretty interesting week. I kinda messed up and took the wrong bus on our way to a funeral (oops). We were late for a meal appointment (thought it was at 5:30 actually at 5) so kinda a bummer week. 

Church on the other hand was unreal. Like the best sacrament meeting in a loooooong time. It was ward conference so the stake presidency was there. So good ahhh! So the Elder's quorum president bore his testimony then bishop Morgan did. Then the youth sang Peace in Christ, the new theme!! Surprised me, it was actually not bad. Then the stake presidency bore testimony. President Stuart gave an awesome talk about how we as members of the church need to be examples to those around us. Serve as our saviour served. 

From the song Peace In Christ this stuck out to me,
There is peace in Christ when we walk WITH him. 

We are walking WITH him. The Saviour said this to Enoch in Moses chapter 6 
34 Behold my Spirit is upon you, wherefore all thy words will I justify; and the mountains shall flee before you, and the rivers shall turn from their course; and thou shalt abide in me, and I in you; therefore walk with me.

We have his spirit and we have his stamp of approval. The strength we can all receive knowing he is walking with us. He has felt all the sadness and all the pains and sicknesses. He knows what it is like. And he has promised us that he will lift us up. I know he loves us and he will make ALL the difference in a life that is so difficult. His grace is sufficient for all men to return to live with him again.

Stay warm everyone :) 


Love elder p 


No comments:

Post a Comment