Monday, February 19, 2018

Pure Joy

Hellloooo :)

So funniest story ever.
There's a recent convert who was baptised the day before I got here.
He's 18 but because the sisters haven't had much success they are
teaching him the follow up lessons. Anyways, last week he said he
was too busy to meet because they are moving. He said, "my mom likes to
move a lot so it's pretty regular". Anyways we see him on Sunday and
he's like so I'm moving to Canada!!! Of all places. He's moving to
Swift Current haha.  His dad is a farmer... so funny. His family is
making the move in April!, so crazy. I would defiantly go visit him!
He's cool.

This week we had a zone conference. Our weeks always get super busy
when zone conference is on. So we were rushing around trying to see
all the investigators and members before zone conference. We also have
to stay in Darlington the night before. And boy it was a little hard. But alas
we made it and loved it! I can honestly say one of the most uplifting
inspiring conferences and just great! As mentioned last week, we have 
a really big goal to see 56 baptisms in the month of March. So that is 2 per
district in March! That's what we are shooting for. I'm super excited
about that.





So as some may know, it's been 16 months since I left the great white north.
It's been a wild ride. Lots of really amazing people. (Adam and
Mary Jane.. and kiddos), some faith building moments for me and those
around me.  I have learned more about myself and my testimony and the
gospel than I ever have before. I have learned what is needed to find pure
joy. I have really felt God's love in a pure form. In a quick glance I
would say I know my purpose now, and I know the ways I will be the
most successful in achieving all my goals. I know what I want from
life... it's changed into an eternal perspective. My personal testimony
that Jesus Christ lives and loves us is real. I really really am so
grateful that we have a living prophet. As one may say I have tested
the gospel. The principles taught work and they change lives. No
longer is the Book of Mormon a book which sits unopened at my bedside.
It now is studied, pondered, and prayed about. There is more power in
that book than I can really describe.

We have spent a considerable amount of time studying and discussing
chapter 4 in Preach My Gospel.... all about the spirit and the role it
plays in our lives. I love Heavenly Father's plan for us. I love all
the things he has given us so we can be able to return to live with
him. The Book of Mormon, prophets, scripture, families, priesthood,
temples! The list goes on and on. So grateful for all I have been
given!

Elders quorum lesson was all about how to gain the trust from the lord
and from our families. As my dad has recently said, it is better to be
trusted than to be loved. The relationship I have developed with my
S aviour will be cherished.

Love you all....


Elder Pilling 
Sent from the land of lads

If yous want to send me a LETTER
10 Russel street
Bishop Auckland
England
DL14 7PT

A package MUST  ðŸ“¦ be sent to the mission office
Elder Cale pilling
England Leeds mission
Lister house, Lister Hill
Horsforth, Leeds


No comments:

Post a Comment