Tuesday, January 30, 2018

Stand Strong and Share Truth

Less than average week. Only because nothing overly exciting happened.
We did get new mattresses though (it's a big deal).

Actually I remembered something... so on Tuesday the Elders quorum
president asked us if we could teach the class on Sunday... sure why
not nothing else going on. Then Wednesday morning 1st councillor in
the bishopric calls and asks "Elder Pilling could you stand in and give a
talk on Sunday? One of our speakers can't make it. 7-10 minutes on the
talk from Thomas S Monson called Courage to Stand Strong." Thursday
all day was interviews with president and training from the
assistants. Pretty busy planning lesson (new curriculum not a lot of
material) so we planned a lot. My talk went ok. Not the greatest some
of my thoughts didn't make sense haha. Shared some classic
construction stories tho.

So I had some good study 📖 learned a ton! Lots about choosing the
right. Choosing the harder right instead of the easier wrong! Standing
true to our beliefs and not diluting what we believe when asked, etc.
Quite a lot of stuff. My FAVORITE probably came down to what we can
learn from Jesus Christ our Saviour. As he was confronted with many
false accusations he always shared truth and testified. When we
testify, a few things happen. First the spirit will touch the hearts of
those who are prepared and second we find our true testimony. After all "a
testimony is found in the bearing of it." Boyd K. Packer

I challenge you all to take a second thought when one asks about your
beliefs and stand strong and share truth. You never know who's ready
to receive.

This week is the last full week of the transfer so on Saturday we will
find out who moves around and what not. Should be good.  Quite a few
people are heading home and stuff so ah it's just exciting.

Also I snagged my English drivers license! Due to fraud reasons I
won't send a pic lol but it's pretty neat!  I feel like a proper citizen
hehe

One last IMPORTANT THING, if you email me your address I'll send you a
cool English postcard 😎 free of charge ;)

Love you alls

E. Pilling

No comments:

Post a Comment