Monday, July 17, 2017

New Companion

Fam friends fans,

Writing you from a loud double decker bus traveling to Leeds :)

Some stories of the week. Man, Friday I gained 5lbs probably. So there's a super nice 92 year old in the ward from Switzerland named brother Karl Kägi. Every 2 weeks he takes us to a Toby carvery.  So much food. So so much, but I can usually handle it ok. But Friday evening at 6 we went to our investigator's house for 🍝 spaghetti. He gave me enough to feed a small family. It was crazy. After a quick lesson with him he said ah I hope you have room, I bought a cheese cake from the eggless cake place..... BEST CHEESE CAKE I'VE EVER HAD. So that's me gaining weight like usual. 

Let's chat a little about my companion. He's 6'2" and about 19 stone hails from a village named Sandwich in Kent which is down south England. He and most of his family were baptized when he was 14 which was about 6 years ago. He has 2 sisters I think. One moved to Whistler to work at a hotel 2 weeks ago. He has about 4 months left on his mission! He's had loads of companions but most importantly he's already had an Albertan! And he also lived in the same flat as Elder Walker :) His interests are rugby. He injured his knee pretty bad so that's a bummer. We are running once again! Love it!

I did some of my finest door knocking I've ever done this week.... met a lady named Hayley who answered and said I don't believe, don't go to church, there's just no point. I taught and testified about how the gospel will bless her. At this point I didn't know much about her but the Holy Ghost guided me to talk about families. I testified how families can be together forever and how it has brought me so much peace and happiness knowing that truth. After she said ya ok I see how it can help me. 20 minutes later she's our newest investigator and is reading a little blue book we gave her! 


Leon is doing so well. He really really wants to do the right thing after all the wrongs he has done in his life. He is excited to be baptized but at the moment thinks he won't be ready. I said well you won't be until we teach you more about Jesus Christ! I've attached a few pics of him!

Also, yesterday I had to say goodbye to Simon and Daz.  They are moving to Nelson which is out of our area and out of our mission :/  Hope the missionaries will treat them well.



Leon

Simon and Daz

Raspberries!
Off to Ilkley, Guisley, Otley, and Menston for exchange today tomorrow and Wednesday. I am excited!

I have heard it's been hot! That must have been nice. Weather here isn't too shabby either, currently short sleeve and sweating. 

Byyyeee for now,

Elder Pilling :) 

No comments:

Post a Comment