Monday, July 24, 2017

Hey Fam Jam

Well it's a bit of a blur this week. Just keep swimming was a common thought I had as we worked. Nothing happened in terms of finding new people to teach so it was slow. I spent an awesome day in my DL's area with Elder Tsosie who was in the same district as me back in Beverley so we've been on exchanges before... it was some good times. We seemed to miss the bus every time we went to catch it so lots of walking. And it was HOT hahah so good. 

My favourites for the week have got to be another meal from Leon, our investigator. We got a strawberry fresh cream cake! Man I died and went to heaven. Leon is doing really really well. We have so much in common, it is quite crazy at times. Best part of all is that we learn the same way so I just give him all the tips that I use when studying and it works! He even eats the same breakfast as me.... Wheatabix :) 

Elder Davies is doing well. He is slowly getting used to this crazy ward! There's a member named Michael who I have talked about before. But we did some hard core bargaining with him last night haha he is funny. 

Our investigators are Leon and George who are the most solid (as in we see them weekly if not more). Leon has a date for baptism set at August 12. He is 33 and pretty funny.  He has had some seriously tough moments in his life. Just so many things have happened.  He was taught by missionaries a few years ago but the elder who he really understood and got along with got moved, so that ended. One day we were walking down his street when Leon was prompted to talks to us. We had a short 5 min conversation with him and carried on with our day. 2-3 weeks later we were walking down a street and he was on the bus.  As it drove by we waved and were kinda laughing haha it's Leon. Then sure enough 8 minutes later he popped around the corner. He said once again "I feels like I need to talk to yous".  We gave him our number and he said he'd call. 2 weeks later and nothing. We had some spare time one day by his house and decided to drop by. Well that was an interesting meeting. He unloaded his life story. We testified of the peace, direction, and happiness following Jesus Christ can bring. He really felt the spirit as we shared experiences with him. And that is Leon. Now he has a date for baptism and boy is he excited.! He loves how grounded and happy the members of the church are and wants that for himself!

I have given much thought towards the organization of a mission and the leadership and the opportunities to grow and learn. A mission is the foundation on which a life of growth and happiness in the church is built upon. I want to share something I've been thinking about - being happily obedient. If you look at the commandments that we have received as restrictions and regulations and you always have in the back of your mind that it would be better without, let me tell you the grass is not greener on the other side. Life has challenges wether you are a member or not. It is tough! Now the gospel of Jesus Christ is there to ensure that we as spirit children will be able to live with our Heavenly Father again. Although we have a loving Heavenly Father and his son Jesus Christ, it does not mean that God will make our lives a walk in the park. We are here to grow and to learn. It is up to us wether or not we take it as a growth period. We can be bitter or dull when trials come our way or we can choose to be HAPPILY obedient to God's commandments and love the things he HAS given us. Take a moment to say a prayer and thank God for all he has given you. I think you'll be surprised 😊

I love all that you guys do for me. The prayers, the letters, the love- it all makes a difference to me!


A pic of my companion

Elder Davies (not sure what this is a pic of)
Love,
Elder Pilling
Sent from the land of the lads

No comments:

Post a Comment