Monday, June 5, 2017

Open the door

Well I'm not really sure what happened this week. I'm not sure if it's
because of all the cleaning fumes I've smelt today or what.. we spent
5 hours deep cleaning our flat. Like it's perfect now. But I also have
a headache :)

I do remember we went to Piano Guys. Unfortunately our investigator
was not in the right state to go, so we left her behind. It was really
good though. They shared their testimonies and played some music. I
now have a stronger testimony of Jesus Christ and the Book of Mormon.
This last week I've studied the New Testament and the Book of Mormon, 
reading about Jesus Christ and his ministry. It's so powerful when you
can recognize the good he did because he loves us. He completed the
hardest thing ever done. He sacrificed his will and ultimately his
life for us. He felt ALL of our pains, trials, afflictions and struggles.
He knows us and loves us.

Some of you may have served a mission, some may not have, but
there is one thing evident. There is no way I could be doing what I
am doing without the Saviour. He is my strength and my light.
It gets so lonely and dark on a mission. All you have to do is open the door.  

He will lift and lighten no matter how dark and lost you feel. I love my Saviour. I love this work and I love this gospel. I encourage you all to open the door. Let his light fill you, it is a glorious feeling. 

Things are good.  We are teaching loads. We have 5 people scheduled
for baptism in June. The sun has been out tons. I saw Elder walker yesterday and Elder Thompson. It's good to catch up
with them.  

Some of my friends.


We did a lesson with the young women, there only 2 active girls. 


Some advice for my brother (who's getting ready to serve his 
mission in California) is something that I have been learning the last little
while.  Prepare yourself to change. Let the change happen. It's so
hard and change is often uncomfortable but it's what the Saviour wants.
Change is what the gospel is. If we allow the gospel to change us, we
are truly converted to it. The mission is all about sharing your testimony in
a way that will influence others to act. It's about helping them find God in their own life.

Until next week...

Love Elder Pilling 
Sent from the land of the lads

No comments:

Post a Comment