Monday, May 15, 2017

Sunshine and some friendly faces

Hello all!!

This week was pretty  cool 😎. Met another old guy, went to a funeral,
and got free ice cream.

To start I'll share about an old guy I met on the bus. Don't even know
his name but this story starts a few weeks back. One day while riding the
bus some old bloke noticed I was a missionary.  He started
blabbering on about some guy named John Browning who lived in Utah. I
had little time to say much at this point and I just squeaked out
I've got a Remington. Then the barn doors flew off. We talked about all
sorts of stuff; guns, dogs, birds. It was exciting. Unfortunately we had to get
off without getting any details. Fast forward to now. Today I was
pondering on what to say to you all, thinking I could share about that
old guy. Then of course he walks on the bus haha. He said he got a book
about shotgun history and thought of me :) so nice. So we had another
chat.

Interviews happened this week as well as a exchange with the Wharf Valley

elders. Here's a picture.  

His name is Elder Erickson from Palm Springs California! His dad is a tennis coach haha. Anyways he's a funny lad, we had a good half day. Met an old lady who loved to hear about what we are doing all the way over here. Ate some biscuits with her...yum! That evening we ordered some chicken balls which are an exchange tradition.



As for spiritual thoughts. 

Hmm during the Skype with fam jam I was asked about advice for my younger brothers. It lead to a quick pondering of the things I have learned. I will attempt to share my feelings. Serving a mission is unlike anything else in this world. A bunch of 18-23 ish year old young people of the church leaving all things they are comfortable with; family, friends, entertainment. They dump them into a strange world sharing the gospel with people they have never met before. People who are not members of the church think we are crazy. Well, it's kinda true.  It shouldn't work. We shouldn't be able to completely dedicate 2 years to serving the Lord. I have developed deeper feelings about my time here. It is a special time where I am changing. I am changing a lot. My values that my family has taught  me are strengthened. I have developed a relationship with our Heavenly Father and our Saviour. It is a blessing to come closer to them and feel of their love and strength. 

I love all you people back home. I do feel the love and support. 


Here's a picture of Rashid a recent convert! He's so funny!




Elder Pilling 

Sent from the land of lads

No comments:

Post a Comment