Monday, May 29, 2017

Mission life is the life to have

As much as I love fishing 🎣 and biking and camping ⛺️ the mission life is hard to beat!  Helping others to come unto to Christ is an amazing work. 

Super special week :) Monday evening we spent some time on exchanges with 2 very good missionaries. They are in a unique leadership position called traveling assistants. They just work with other missionaries all day, everyday. They don't have their own area. So Monday night Elder Rhea and Elder Thompson picked us up to go to work! Elder Thompson and I (being both from south Calgary) had some really good fun. 

We taught Darren and Simon! Simon is the smartest 8 year old. We shared how the gospel blesses families. You know as I sit here trying to share my experience with them I am struggling to put it into words. I have never felt a deeper love for an investigator. My testimony was strengthened and I know Heavenly Father blessed me with my family :) 

This week as per usual went fast but it was good. Up and down with our investigator, Jackie.  She's really struggling with the challenges life has given her. It is hard because I know what the gospel can do to help her find peace and strength. 

One of the real good times this week was when an older member took us on some back roads in the country side. We drove on a road called the Yorkshire bumps. Haha so good it's not bumpy as in rough it's just kinda whoopy up and down. It was similar to Red Rock road sorta but way better. We full on caught air haha some good memories.


Rashid, a recent convert. He's the best!





Love Elder Pilling
Sent from the Land of Lads 

No comments:

Post a Comment