Monday, March 20, 2017

Sunshine, oooh ya

England can actually be nice!!!

The weather this week has been soo nice. 13 Celsius and sunnnaay. Tue
Wed and Thurs I was just wearing my white shirts all day enjoying the
sunshine! People notice missionaries way more when it's two young guys
with white shirts haha. We had a lot of fun this week posh knocking...
which is pretty much knocking on really nice houses, like they have
private gates, intercoms, the whole shebang. We met a lady from Vancouver
who has lived here for years. We had a cool chat about Banff and
stuff! We also met a really nice Jehovah's Witness named Elly. We asked each
other questions for like 45 mins hahah I have learned so much.

This week we were able to meet with all of the people we are teaching!
We had super good lessons with Elesha and also with Roger! My favourite
line from Roger during the lesson was, "I feel very enlightened and uplifted".
It was so good to be able to really testify and share the truths of the gospel.
We have really been praying and hoping that we could have solid lessons
and we did! Unfortunately sometimes the wind doesn't blow in the
right direction, but this week was so good.

We have a busy few weeks planned with big zone conferences and
interviews and meetings! I'm excited to be able to learn and grow.

The past few days we have been able to engage in quite the gospel
conversations with members. I would like to share a few things we 
discussed. We talked about fear. So without fear, we would trust God with all
things and it would be so easy. As we face anything in our lives, if we look past
the fear, we would be able to handle any problems. So today I challenge you to
fear not and put your trust in God!

Also we discussed "trying hard". I thought and thought and thought
about this. What does it mean to try hard? I immediately attached 
this to the talk called "His Grace is Sufficient by Brad Wilcox.
Now you can break down trying hard to different levels, but I'm
referring to the trying hard as trying your best, all out, leave it
all on the table. Giving it your all. Coming from a cycling background,
racing has been my life. In a race you pace yourself so when the race
is over you have used all your energy and given it your best. So with
the gospel it comes a little differently. You are not pacing yourself,
you are giving it your best all the time because with God you can do
all things. You know I can't really have a deep doctrinal discussion
via email ha. But give it some thought and you will see how it
effects you.

I know my Redeemer lives and loves me. I know that we are never on the
easy path in life. It IS difficult and challenging and often times you will
find yourself questioning all you believe. But if you fear not and trust in 
the Lord, you can get through those difficult times.

That's all for now.  Thanks for your support!
Elder Pilling
Sent from the land of lads
Sister Taylor and her new boyfriend

No comments:

Post a Comment