Monday, March 13, 2017

There is power behind the knowing

It's been a quick 6 weeks with Elder Charman. We have loved the time in Beverley getting to know each other and doing loads of missionary work. I will really miss this place. But I won't have to say bye just yet, staying another transfer.  Yay! I love Beverley, especially spring time! 

This week has been so fun. It was sunny Monday ,Tuesday, Wednesday and cloudy Thursday, Friday but still warm! Like just my rain jacket all day! Let me tell ya, the English people completely change when the sun is out. We met so many nice people that we actually could talk to! Had a blast this week. We had exchange Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday.  It was supppppper fun. I spent my time with Elder Rex from Orem, Utah. He has a big family like 10 I think. He is the most positive, energetic, loving person ever. Straight outta high school and tryiiiing his best, it's so good. I always get a boost when I'm around him. We met a guy named Sean. He ordered a Book of Mormon online and has read about half of it! I had already given him a Mormon.org card a few months ago so it was nice to see that I can have an affect on people's lives. We are meeting him this week. In our recent zone conference, a major focus has been on working with members to share how the gospel can truly change lives. It has been super fun meeting with members and helping them see how easy it can be sharing the good. 

Meet a few members of the Beverley ward!

Clive and Joy Blakeston with Elder Rex

Both in their late 80's and are converts to the church. Baptized in the 1950's, they are the oldest members of the Beverley ward and have spent much of their time in the beautiful landscape of Scotland and England. They both have developed a love for the outdoors. They are avid hikers and cyclist and we get along so good. Just last year they took their last picture of them riding their tandem together! He is still very active with his hiking. Loves to walk miles and miles everyday. He is going in for a valve replacement end of march. Then he will be back attacking the wolds. 

Meet sister Boswell (again) 


Sister Boswell served a proselyting mission in 2007 in the England Leeds mission. Having accepted the gospel of Jesus Christ and baptized at just 13 she knows the gospel back to front. We rarely ever teach her anything, she teaches us! Up until a few months ago she was attending the temple 4 days a week doing temple work. Such an example for me to follow. She applies every part of the gospel of Jesus Christ in her life. She strives her hardest to follow the example set by Jesus Christ. 

I completed my specialized service for Adrian who is Elesha's son. He really messed up his bike. I had to do it on a low budget as well. I'll give you guys a run down; it had a destroyed rear derailleur and bent chain, had wobbling wheels and the brakes rubbed.  Oh and it didn't shift. 


I'm not magic so we had to buy a rear derailleur. But I did shorten the chain (had to take out the bent links) and true the wheels. Only took 1.5 hours. He is happy and I had a blast working on it. 
Adrian's bike is fixed!

Alright back to missionary work. This week we spent some quality time teaching our investigator Elesha. My favourite part of being a missionary is getting to share my growing testimony. The power behind the KNOWING is incredible. Future missionaries, don't be worried if you aren't sure. You will find out what you know very quickly. There's method behind the madness; the study time, the companion, the white handbook. They are all tools you are given to be better. They all build your testimony and give you the power to testify. 

I love you all! I love this gospel and God's plan for us! 

Hope you all have a warmer week. Spring is soon!
Love Elder Pilling 


Sent from the land of lads

No comments:

Post a Comment