Friday, July 20, 2018

Prayers are always answered


More sunshine, more food, more rad times,  more miracles, more swag,
and also some sad times.

The end of an era... so transfers is always rough. This time extra
rough. A legend has gone home. Sister Pinther started her mission when
I was in Hull zone 18 months ago. Shortly thereafter she moved into
the Leeds zone where we were together for 6 months. 3 of which in the
same district. Fast forward until I moved to York. Sister Pinther was
once again in my district. This time it was different. She trained a
fantastic sister named sister Gil-Molinas. We created amazing memories
here. You've all seen the pics soooo Gucci. We had a blast. But the
best part is how well we connected. She taught me so much!! I'm looking
forward to road trip 2k19... but the thing I've learned from her is
all about being converted to the gospel of Jesus Christ. I didn't
really see the difference until sister P came around. She helped me
become more converted and I am forever grateful. It is all about what
you do and think when no one is watching. Are you going to go back
home and be not changed? I sure hope I won't.

Moving on.

This week we learned about Alma and Amulek. And I have really enjoyed
learning from them both. I have identified someone in my life who may
be like Amulek who is lost and hard hearted. It's great to see the
change that can come when you follow the example of Christ.

There are often people you meet whom you know you were supposed to meet.
Jack Gore you know who you are. I don't think it's possible for me to
look at my mission without thinking of you. I've learned and grown and
changed and laughed and well, been super happy since I met you. The
rest of the Gore family has treated me so good. They head off to
America for 6 weeks so you won't hear much of them but it's been a great
week with them. Ian pay attention. Grace Gore is a legend, Jack y'all
know, Lauren quiet around me but still way nice. Mike and Sarah treat
me like one of their own (almost) haha they all crack me up. Basically
God knows exactly where he's sending you and who you're going to meet.
It's all for a reason.

My life has been great. Lots of memories but let me tell you it seems
I am learning more and more lately. Challenges will come and there will be dark times
ahead but I know that through prayer and study and church we can
handle the storms. I was particularly low on Sunday and it was a
toughie but we had a fantastic chat with our friend Antoinette. It
really put into perspective how much I do have and what God has done
for me. PRAYERS ARE ALWAYS ANSWERED.  Now most of the time it's tough
to recognise the answers but so fantastic when you do see them! God
gives us everything we need to be successful.  Let me tell ya fam.
I'll quote myself, "The view from the mountain is the top". Pretty much
we get all the good stuff from working hard and it's at the end we can
finally see the fruits of our labours.

I love love the people I have met and I'm sure I'll love the ones in
the future as well. Idk if Antoinette will read this or not but she
has changed me. The simple truths found in the restored church have
been more powerful to me. God is real. He loves you and he knows you.
Ask and he shall receive. I am grateful for the light he brings into
my life through the Saviour. When you feel the most down look up
because he is there with an arm outstretched!
Love you guys and thank you for all your prayers! 

Elder Pilling
Sent from the land of the lads

  
Almost forgot!!  Hailey got us Indian food.  mmm delish!



No comments:

Post a Comment