Monday, July 23, 2018

Bye. Bye. Bye


Sure said a lot of goodbyes this week for not even leaving the area!!

Just to update everyone a little... this week Elder Pilling said
goodbye to so many legends! Said hello to some new peeps. And of
course said some prayers 🙏🏼.

I'll be brief...ish!!

Said bye to my comp Elder Alexander Pitcher on Tuesday morning. I can hardly 
put into words how legendary the last 3 months have been. So many
memories!! York is so great.

Walking the streets of York with Jack
The last week has been a bit of a roller coaster. Listen up... change
is so hard!! We got moved into a new district, new companion, new zone
leaders, Jack is on holiday for 5 weeks. Things are very different and it has
taken some time to adjust to the new surroundings. But the silver
lining!! Antoinette hasn't moved! We've had a fantastic week with so
many good lessons. Wednesday night was our last lesson with Jack and
Antoinette together. We talked about 3 main principles. Faith in Jesus
Christ, repentance, and baptism. I've had quite a breakthrough week
studying Faith in Jesus Christ. I'll save it for the future because
I'm still processing my thoughts.

We had another lesson on Friday which was another beauty about the plan
of salvation. Happy days happy days !

Honestly things are pretty all jumbled in my brain today. It is super
warm out and I just can't think..

Maybe a little bit about my companion. Elder Campbell! We were in the
same district 6 months ago! He's from Northern California Sacramento
ish area. He's been out 18 months!

Ok so the last little while I've been involved in lots of different
missionary opportunities. Some new study compared to the usual door
knocking stuff. I have come to notice how different members of the church
of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints are. Not in a bad way at all.
When I was having a chat with Antoinette about families I realised
what living the gospel does. I've seen the way that the gospel blesses
families. I've been at member's houses and I have seen the way God
designed families. A loving mother and loving father with kids and a
goal in mind, support and care, and a deep bond. There's absolutely
more to the gospel than happy families but having a happy family is
proof that the gospel works. Jesus Christ will always be our support!

I'm sliding into the final 12 weeks following wy@s example with a little
12 week addiction recovery program. Step one is honesty. Recognizing that
it's real and that others need to help! I'm really looking forward to
this study!

Anyways fam it's been real nice 👍🏻 super hot here all the grass is
brown because no one has sprinklers lol.

Love
Elder Pilling

No comments:

Post a Comment