Monday, June 4, 2018

Non stop miracles and non stop smiles


A fantastic week!! Like I don't even know where to begin.  I'll start with Monday I guess. We had warm sunny weather, had a nice picnic with the ward, followed by a lesson with one of our recent converts Hannah. Fingers crossed that Andy would be there (they have been fighting recently and we haven't had a solid lesson since he came to church) God loves all his children and blessed us with a sweet, sweet lesson. So good. We talked about what we desire in life. Taught them about faith and hope and how important those 2 things are. Hope is anything but wishful.  It is an expectation based on experience. I have experienced the love of Christ. My faith and hope motivate me and keep me going. We talked about how this can help them too. It was an excellent lesson.
On Tuesday we cranked out some more service. We cut some grass and stuff.  It was pretty chill.  We  ate Taco 🔔 Delish! Kind of a relaxed day of planning.

Wednesday we had a lunch with our Chinese friends!!!

On the left is Bianlin, then Hailey (member), then
Cheng Rong, then my comp, Elder Pitcher, me,
then Tian, then Lanquin.

We pretty much spent the time building friendships and answered questions. We attempted to understand their convo in Chinese. Fail. We also had a lesson with our friend Sam. This one was much better than our lesson last Sunday. We went to a nice park and I had lots of bearing of testimony. The spirit was just perfect. 

Thursday we had a nice lesson with Andy again! This time one of our assistants popped over with one of the zone leaders. Pretty good, but they left after 20 min (busy people) then things got really good. We talked so much about the steps he needs to take to achieve more in his life. I love this gospel. It's so perfect and God has thought of everything!

Friday!!  So Friday we had a lesson with 2 of the Chinese friends who were at the lunch. They are genuinely interested in what makes their friend who is a member so happy. Idk know much, but I do know we felt the spirit.  There was a lot in Chinese.  In the evening we had another lesson with Sam. Also super good.

Saturday we did some more service. A massive branch fell so we had to clear that up. Pretty good stuff. There's one guy that goes by the name Tony. He's just a big softy, I love him!!! At night we taught Andy again and confirmed he's coming to church. So happy, things are going good.

Sunday was church.  Well we were late... so rocky start but once things were settled it was actually a  really good fast and testimony meeting. Mostly the spirit taught me.  I felt so much love and peace. Bianlin, our Chinese friend came!  So good. Like things are great people. I don't think I have ever taught so many lessons to progressing investigators in 1 week! After church, Saline our member and her 2 Chinese friends Lanquin and Bianlin fed us authentic Chinese hot pot. We had a fabulous lesson after and the spirit was soooo strong. Loved that. Really good Sunday :)

Also, transfers happened and Elder Pitcher and I are staying! And Elder Walker and his comp are staying! I'm so happy. 

Overall, I'm having a really good time. I am so blessed. 

We had a fun p-day.  We did proselyting fro 12-3pm,  had a lesson with Xander which was super good!!!  Then we taught a convert named Hannah, then chilled with Jack❤️ and his sisters (they crack me up).


Love you all! 

Elder Pilling 
Sent from the land of lads

No comments:

Post a Comment