Monday, May 28, 2018

Lil bit of Nashville

Sun sun (little rain) sun sun ☀️

So I have been aware for many moons that my emails aren't as descriptive as they used to be... well I guess it means that  England is home ❤️ and nothing feels crazy new. But my fans have spoken so I'll do my best to be detailed ;)

This week we did all sorts. Little BBQ, did some weeding, more weeding, narrowly avoided temptation and refused the  Golden Arches (McDonald's), Nashville tribute band visited, ate some Chinese, went to church, taught primary, ate more dumplings.

Anyways I'm out of time.

Love you!!!

Jk all
The real goods - 
As you may have noticed or maybe not but we are doing loads of service. This is because of a really cool initiative the church is doing called justserve.org. So basically there's a set of elders who have been doing service instead of proselyting. After a full year of this they are slowly ending the program and making them back into proselyting missionaries.  So this means all the missionaries are encouraged to do 6 hours of service in the community.  Having the service elders in York means they already found all the projects.  Super coolio. We're meeting so many people and I'm enjoying working with my hands.  I've even had some quality time with a weed Wacker.

Sam I am. I'm trying not to share too many personal details but Sam is a university student. He recently started attending a church. Anyways we invited him to Music and the Spoken Word with the Nashville Tribute band in Leeds. It was SO GOOD. About 100x better live. Some serious talent going on. Best of all it was focused on the restoration and Jesus Christ. I know I had multiple experiences with the spirit that night. Sam loved it, so all good! We did have a lesson on Sunday with  him. Not so good. Idk what was up but it just didn't seem right. He is really interested and wants to hear more about prophets though, so not a complete failure.

We had some delicious dumpling with our Chinese member friend, Hailey :).  She made this chicken that is so so so good. So good that I'm going to open up a little chicken shack and sell it.

Hailey's famous-to-be chicken!

This is Silane.  She's been a member for a good
while now.  Maybe 6 months. Jack Gore on the
right of me, comp on the left. 
Sam the man 


Ahhhh this is the last week until transfers. So crazy!! 

Love you,
Elder Pilling 

Sent from the land of the lads 

No comments:

Post a Comment