Monday, May 7, 2018

A Chinese miracle, an English miracle, and just some dandy sunshine

So with my emails I've been a.) slacking, b.) absent, c.) vague
D.) All of the above

Well the answer is D

Sorry yall.
But in other news I have found the jackpot of postcards. 15 pence
each!!!!!!! So hit me up asap if you want one!! It will arrive in 3
weeks because I'll probably forget one week etc etc but it'll make it
eventually.

TBH I have gotten to the point where I dunno what to tell you. I'll
just go through the days. It's all a blur.

Zone conference was good. We had a nice little testimony meeting which
I really enjoyed!

Umm we had a little service project. We woke up and it was raining
ugh. We talked with the district and agreed to go on still. Spent a
couple hours shovelling wood chips. I really enjoyed that. Then as
soon as we finished it stopped raining haha ☔️ the worst timing.

We taught some of our Chinese friends. This is the big miracle!! So
turns out 20 year olds have drama. I nearly forgot haha so all sorts
was happening. Long story short, Friday at 9 am we taught Sliane.
She's been a member 6 months now and just recently has been quite
excited about the gospel. She wants us to teach everything again and she
is treating it like school, taking notes and really focusing on it. So
that happened in the morning. Then later that night we went to a
student hangout place to teach Hailey. Well we saw Sliane again. She
was playing games with her friends. She just introduced us to 3 of her
friends then continued to invite them to church for next week.

Wow that doesn't sound very exciting. But it was I assure you. :)

Ugh I can't think of anything. I am sorry :( it's sad. I had a really
good week tho.! I had fun.

Sunday was a blast. Elder Walker and I switched comps again so they
could go to a Chinese bbq. We then cruised to the Gores (fav fam) had
a yummy BBQ, chatted and enjoyed the sunshine.  It was just wonderful. They are
great and fun and lots of jokes. I LOVED IT. I don't have any pics of
that sorry!



Left to right sorta
Elder Pitcher, me, Hailey, Sliane, Cheng Rong.
 
This picture was after a baptism for Mariama. Oh man I almost forgot about her. She is a legend. She was met like 2 years ago by a senior couple. She was taught and taught but decided now wasn't the time. She spent the last 2 years thoroughly studying the Book of Mormon. Like so deep. She knows it better than most members know it (including me). I taught her a few times.  Here's a short story. We would be teaching a principle say it's faith. She would then share a story in the Book of Mormon related to the principle. It is unreal. She was so ready. So good. So great. Absolutely awesome! So we did that on Saturday! 

Yah it was a really good week! 

We had a little boy's night out! With the zone leaders. Whipped up some pulled pork. Brownies. All good stuff. Then we proceeded to eat it on the roof of the garage at their flat. I'll attach pics, jk didn't get them yet. 

Spiritual gifts. Apply yourself to the work and Heavenly Father will bless you and strengthen you! 


Idk 
Elder Pilling :) 

Some English architecture for you   



No comments:

Post a Comment