Monday, January 8, 2018

Crazy 2 weeks

Sorry to all about last week.... hope ya didn't miss me too much :)

It's been a crazy 2 weeks. Christmas, New Years and zone conference. All the holidays meant we ate so much food.... it seems that when members feed us they think oh the elders need a Christmas dinner.. every time.... so we had 1 really good one on Christmas Eve, 2 Christmas Day, 2 Boxing Day then we had another on New Year's Day too! We were blessed with so much love from members. Having only been in the ward for like a week before Christmas I thought it was going to be tough.. in some ways it was. Others it was awesome. My companion and I spent extra time together which has created a good bond. I mean when you both drive land cruisers how can you not love each other ❤️. 

The missionary work here is very different. Not as many chav estates and the people we work with are different. Unfortunately the last 3 weeks we have been battling to help our friends. Now one of them was supposed to be baptised the eve of Christmas Eve but his great aunt passed away so he has spent lots of time in Scotland. I haven't even met him yet! But we did find some new friends who are pretty classic. One night we street contacted a lad who said, "walk with me and tell me about this book." Well he invited us over for tea... we had some water. Needless to say he's pretty classic. He's very funny and has strange theories about life and all sorts.... he even believes the earth is flat! Anyways it was still good and he is reading the Book of Mormon. His brother also showed up the next time and he was very curious because we were so "normal".  He always thought the Jesus people would be different I guess. Then his girlfriend got home from holiday and we also get to teach her! All very fun! 

Now this is where stuff gets exciting. 

So yesterday there was a mission home fireside and we got to go with a new member named George! He's quite awesome, he's 18 and just super excited about church. So we made it down to Leeds. Only took 1 and a 1/2 hours. So worth it! It's on Facebook if yous want it. I'll attach a link! https://www.facebook.com/EnglandLeedsMission/videos/2010762082499309/
So remember my FAVORITE family... yep Adam is getting baptised on Saturday!!! Unfortunately I'm not allowed to go :/ I get to Skype tho.  Technology is neat! 

Anyways look who I found at the fireside!


Adam and Mary Jane
Aw my heart melted! If any of you want to meet them I pretty sure they will be visiting Canada in the spring time! (Jealous) 

All you people of the Forest! Things have been crazy fun lately! I love my district so very much. We are going skating today!! Shred the gnar 🐧

I just want you all to know how much I love this gospel. I have such a profound testimony of the good it can do. I cannot emphasise how important daily family scriptures study is. It has changed me. The Book of Mormon is such a powerful book. I know that families can be sealed for time and all eternity in the temple. I am so grateful for the choices my family have made so we can be together forever.! 

Peace out guys ✌🏻

Took a nice walk back and saw a fish of some sort! Quite big easily over 20".  It was so pretty!

Byeee 
-Elder Cake Filling 

Sent from the land of lads

Random pics. So we went to a church where my ancestors are buried! Neat huh!


  

No comments:

Post a Comment