Monday, October 2, 2017

Staying in Keighley

I'll get right to the point. I'm staying with Elder Uter in Keighley
for another 6 weeks. So I just finished 6 months here and I love it!

Conference was some serious spiritual uplifting. The time difference
means we watched 3 session on Sunday, 1 Saturday and still have Sunday
afternoon to go! It's pretty crazy to think that last year this time I
was at conference! Time is flying, but it's great.

I don't have much to say this week and I don't have
my conference notes so I can't share some insights either....

One really awesome thing happened. In Keighley I have been able to make friends with a
member who hasn't really attended church for 7 years. She had a
difficult time when she was 15 ish and then soon left and didn't come
back. Over the last 6 months I have been blessed to be able to create
a friendship with her. In our first real lesson with her we were
talking about faith and how we can compare it to a seed. At the start
she would just say I lost my faith....I lost it a long time ago. Then
as the Holy Ghost entered into the lesson she was able to
recognise something that has been happening a lot lately. She has had
promptings to visit the chapel and we gave her a tour. She said, "I've
been feeling a nigley feeling that's pushing me back towards church."
After we helped her make this connection it was the best lesson. She
is so ready to come back. And wants the true blessings. It's very hard
to explain now. But you all need to know that this church is true. God
does not leave us alone in our trials. He blesses and loves us and is
there to bring us back into the fold.

I have so much love for this gospel. Later today we are going to teach a
couple of guys in Persian! Well it's going to be crazy!

Love you peeps.

Elder Pilling
Sent from the land of lads


Fall isn't very yellow here yet....


No comments:

Post a Comment