Monday, October 23, 2017

Rain, Referrals, and Lessons

Kinda a fun week. Don't remember all the details but I'll do my best.
I was assigned to be the last speaker in sacrament meeting so I had 5 days write a talk about families and "The Family a Proclamation to the World". The time flew by! I learned that the quickest way to make a missionary homesick is to assign him to give a 20 minute talk on families.... I'm so funny!  That was my big joke. I got the oldies laughing.
So the weather has not been awesome lately. Very large hurricane type storms over Ireland and the coastline so we got a lot of wind and water.   Here's a nice pic:


Shortly after we took this pic, Elder Uter broke his girly umbrella ahah !

We had a really cool opportunity on Wednesday.  After our district meeting, we got some chalk and drew out the plan of salvation as a district. All the circles were not so round but I think people understood. We asked everyone what makes you happy? This was interesting because there's a lot of people that aren't happy!! I felt bad for each one of them and wished they would take some time to listen, but most just ignored us.

We met 2 really cool people who did have good potential. Buuut we haven't seen them since Wednesday so maybe not so good haha. But one nice gentleman said, "I'd like to get my baptism redone. I feel like it just wasn't right". He currently attends Christ Harvest Church. (I've never heard of it either) so that's cool.

I love my district. We were all full on crying we were laughing so hard at district meeting. Some very good times.

Our bishop bought us lunch after a funny little referral. So Friday morning we got an email from Mormon.org with a referral. 🙏🏼 so blessed. We planned to pop over to see him Saturday morning. It's on the very edge of our area so we had a super pretty bus ride. We got out there and knocked on this guy's door. Daniel answered and just started apologising. We were a little confused. But it turns out his work colleagues are all doing pranks. And Mormon.org was utilised when they learned his address. So he asked for a picture and off we went (he lived in the middle of nowhere).  After, while waiting for the bus, our bishop picked us up and drove us to the other side of the area to get food and to our next appointment. Such a nice guy.

I've mentioned before a guy named Carl. He is a legend. I think he's in his 50's but looks 35. And acts 35 too.  He's our best friend. Hasn't been to church in awhile but it's chill we still love him!!

Mary-Jane came to church!!! Yeppers it was awesome. So on Thursday we took our ward mission leader and taught an awesome lesson and went over all the things she is nervous about and the feelings she will feel once again! Super good. Also she asked me loads of questions about Canada because she wants to move there haha. England isn't her fav. To see someone find happiness where they don't expect it is so great! Church can bring joy! Invite your friends!

This church is great and every single day I get to experience why it's great! Have a great day peeps.

Elder Cale Pilling
Sent from the land of the lads

No comments:

Post a Comment