Monday, October 16, 2017

It is the only way!

Hey Guuys,

First off there was or is a hurricane off the west coast of Britain. THAT'S GOOD NEWS!  It's been so warm lately it is awesome. Still haven't busted out the gloves yet.. we did get soaking wet twice this week though haha. My bad.... 

I know tomorrow is a special day for the newest Elder Pilling.... but I'm also an Elder Pilling so listen up because it's been a good week. 

Just kidding. Jospeh Peter Pilling. I AM SO EXCITED FOR YOU. I think it's quite awesome we get to serve at the same time! I'm sure you've gotten all sorts of advice but one thing to remember:  Isaiah 64:8 But now, O Lord, thou art our father; we are the clay, and thou our potter; and we all are the work of thy hand.

The mission is a time of growth and change within ourselves. We must be a soft clay and let change happen! Don't look back, just make goals- lots and lots of goals. And trust the lord. "You will be a mighty tool in the hands of the Lord." 

Some crazy things. Some really good things. Some of the best times. 


First a unique member fed us.... well we got pilchard in tomato sauce and potatoes and peas. I know I am a fisherman and all but pilchard not my fav!. 

We also had zone conference and that was different because we got new phones.  Yes it's a full blown smart phone with data and all. The newest galaxy a5. Boy is it weird having a touch screen phone. It's so nice having normal volume when you call someone haha. To carry on about Zone conference we had a visit from the lead public affairs missionaries in the U.K. Elder and Sister Partridge instructed us on how to best use Facebook and what their goal is. Basically to sum it all up they want The Church of Jesus Christ to go viral on Facebook. We are seeing some really crazy good success with some videos reaching 17,000 views I think is the best one. 

I NEED YOUR HELP. I can be involved with you all on Facebook. We need to make sure everyone in the world can feel the spirit through a video or quote. So repost or share or direct message any of my posts or any spiritually uplifting posts you see. Just one click and hundreds of people will be able to see it. You never know who may need to see it. I'll be posting my Mormon.org profile soon as well as a little I'm a missionary video! 

Moving right along. Went to the Toby Carvery with my favourite lads!



The Swiss gentleman on the left is 93 and he takes us out every other week! Brother Ashworth on the right is currently getting a new knee! Like right now! So they are the best. 

We finally found some new people to teach, an older catholic lady who is so lovely. And a young girl, 17 ish who doesn't know what she believes in.... both are excited to learn more. I don't know much about them so more next week.. 

We did have a little miracle this week. It was pouring rain and we were searching for a house but I couldn't remember the number... so we knocked on a door and an elderly lady answered and said come in. As most old people do, her fire was on and it was toasty warm!! Blessings from God. She was born in 1923..... so gettin on haha. She was so lovely and we chatted and stuff then once it stopped raining. she swiftly asked us to leave haha wasn't too interested in the gospel. 

Sunday my OH my. All of Europe, so 39 countries were able to tune into a broadcast from Elder Ballard and some other general authorities. By far the best fireside I've ever been to. In an effort to keep the special experience sacred, I will only share one thing he taught us.  He taught us about miracles and how the miracles are for members and their missionary work. Here are a couple of quotes I liked. 
"There are miracles that are to be performed."  
"Where do miracles start? They start on our knees."

My mtc teacher made this quote into a nice picture.  It is from Massimo de Feo of the Seventy




For the last year I haven't missed a day without readying the Book of Mormon. I can testify that it is a special witness of Christ.  You can not read it without coming closer to the Saviour. The teachings, the messages, the stories, they all grow our faith in the Savior. Read it, ponder it, and pray. It is the only way. 

I love you all! And love this gospel!


Elder Pilling


Sent from the land of lads

No comments:

Post a Comment