Sunday, September 3, 2017

Wöchentliche Mail!!

Haha I love it (my attempt at German).  I have had a roller coaster of emotions this week.
Some stress, pure joy, spiritual goodness, love, and a whole load of
excitement. I have loved the time with Elder Uter!

A little bit about him: He's 2 months older than me, lives near Munich, attended music school for 4 years, DJ for work, trumpet player 11 years, he pretty much teaches, breathes, and lives music haha. He is a convert of 22 months.... ya I know so cool! He is the only member in his family. And of course he is German 🇩🇪!!!! His English is about 80%, he understands less than he can speak tho.  The accent in Keighley is proving to be difficult.

It has been such a crazy week, I'll try my best to fill you in on the important bits. So some may know, Sunday morning President Turvey called me to train a new missionary. So Tuesday morning, I dropped Elder Davies off at the train station in Leeds and cruised over to the church and had a pretty weird training meeting. Some very good missionaries were there also training. So we got some very brief instruction on what to do to best help our new trainees in this journey.  It's been interesting!

So training... all the trainers and the missionaries going home (Elder Charman) were all sitting in the chapel awaiting the new missionaries. They all file in and go to the choir seats and one of the assistants to the president reads off the name where they are from and their companion. There was a Canadian! Elder Duce from Cardston Alberta! Crazy huh. But there were 8 elders 3 sisters: 2 Germans, 2 English, 1 Canadian, 1 Philippines and a bunch of Americans. Anyways we get started about half way through and my bestie, Elder Walker gets assigned to train Elder Müller ( 🇩🇪 ) . I'm like that'd be cool. Then it gets to the last one haha.  It's Elder Uter.  He's German and I was hyped! So much love and excitement! After that we got pictures and ate some lunch then took a coach to this place called the Cow and Calf for basically just some time to set goals and expectation for the mission. It was good. Then something new. On the way home president dropped us off near his house and said go do some finding..... meet at my house in 1 hour for a meal. So that's what we did haha. After all that was over we finally got home at 8:15. Long day. Especially for Elder Uter.

I  remember so many memories from my training and have tried to help Elder Uter feel comfortable. We are doing good. It's a little bit interesting training him because he moved out 4 years ago so he isn't homesick.  He just misses friends which is understandable.
Now some cool moments this week. Thursday we met with a less active member named Joanne. She is so nice, very funny and honest, which is key. We really just wanted to know why she doesn't attend. It is a tough one but as the spirit entered the lesson, Elder Uter could understand her perfectly and asked so many important questions. She really opened up.  I was stunned because he had only been here like 2 days!

The next important part would be Sunday. A very nice member named Jack was driving us home and I briefly saw a girl and thought to myself  that looks like Mary-Jane. Well as we pulled away from the light she was waving haha. The really cool part is I had planned to visit her after church- so inspired! We did go and visit  and had an awesome chat about
church and what it will do for her and her family. She opened up and trusted us with all her concerns. In the end she said, "It's weird, I am normally the quiet girl in the corner but to you I feel totally different!" It truly is amazing what Heavenly Father will do to help his children!

My studies have been stellar this week. Lots in preach my gospel but some really good stuff about the importance of the Book of Mormon. In these last 10 minutes I have seen the correlation between my study and our teaching. I can see what the Book of Mormon has done for me. Specifically on my mission. I have put the promises contained in the
blue book to the test. I have relied on the Saviour for strength and guidance and he has always  delivered.

I was speaking with a member about what we must do  to receive those blessing that are waiting for us. It really comes down to living the commandments. It's pretty simple and yet so many of us fail to achieve the standard. I have heard people say I left the church because it has done nothing for me. Well what were you doing to receive those blessings? Often times not a whole lot! The time where you will grow the most is during PERSONAL, PRAYERFUL scripture study. Sacrament meeting is where we will gain the knowledge, the comfort and the power needed to handle the days and the temptations. Only through the Atonement of Jesus Christ can we be saved.

Mosiah 4:6 says "I say unto you, if ye have come to a knowledge of the
goodness of God, and his matchless power, and his wisdom, and his
patience, and his long-suffering towards the children of men; and
also, the atonement which has been prepared from the foundation of the
world, that thereby salvation might come to him that should put his
trust in the Lord, and should be diligent in keeping his commandments,
and continue in the faith even unto the end of his life, I mean the
life of the mortal body--"

When you come to know the goodness of God you will notice a difference
and a draw to follow him.

Verse 7 says :
"I say, that this is the man who receiveth salvation, through the
atonement which was prepared from the foundation of the world for all
mankind, which ever were since the fall of Adam, or who are, or who
ever shall be, even unto the end of the world.

The atonement of Jesus Christ isn't a new idea. It wasn't created after God saw all the wickedness.  It came from the foundation of the world. It is for us, so use it!

My awesome mom had clarified something I had recognized recently.

We are not perfect and we also make mistakes but what the is neat part is, we have a weakness. Yes just 1. This great weakness is that we are human, not Gods! So of course we will struggle and hurt and have hard times! But as we recognize that we can't be perfect we will seek to be better. Our saviour Jesus Christ loves us. Heavenly Father has given
us what we need! Follow the commands of our Living Prophet! We cannot go astray!

I love you all very much. If you want an English post card, email me your address! :)

Elder Pilling
Sent from the land of lads





No comments:

Post a Comment