Sunday, August 27, 2017

Best part of being a missionary

Heyyyoo fam, 

Well it's been a fast 6 weeks which means the end of a transfer. So Sunday morning I was just tying my shoes up when President Turvey called. He asked how our area was doing and if we are teaching many people. After I affirmed him that it was a really good exciting area to work in he asked me to TRAIN A NEW MISSIONARY. So after just 6 weeks Elder Davies will be leaving going up north. I will be getting a fresh lad! I pick him up Tuesday morning! 

This week was a really cool week. In our phone I was able to change Leon from an investigator to a member which was a really cool thing to do. It's really cool helping him learn how to be a member haha. I have been lucky enough to be able to be a part of some truly profound moments in member's lives. To be able to bring others into the light of the gospel is the BEST part of being a missionary. 

Unfortunately our investigator Ingrid had some unfortunate things happen this past weekend. She was unable to come to a Slovak baptism because her husband was being a little difficult. Said she's already been baptised and all sort. It's so hard with the language barrier. She also was unable to come to church so it's been a couple of difficult set backs for her. 

Leon will receive the Aaronic priesthood next week! Gareth and his family have been coming back to church for almost 2 months! He said to me it's good to be back it feels like home. 

I have quite a few quotes from Leon:   

"When I got baptised I just felt so fresh. I was nervous before, and after I felt different and better.  I felt clean after. Lovely that is." 

"Weight of the world lifted off. It's... well, nice." 

"I'm glad I asked Heavenly Father for an answer and I'm glad I got one right after."

"I felt so fresh, different, clean. It's the best."

This week I have focused my study on a few things. Mostly I spent quite a bit of time studying faith and how to have a pure testimony. I would like to share some thoughts. 


Some things that stood out to me. The Holy Ghost is THE most important part of of a spiritual journey. Ask God and he shall receive. It is through the Holy Ghost that we are able to receive that oh so important witness of the truth contained in the gospel. 

President Joseph F. Smith said: “Every person should know that the gospel is true, as this is everyone’s privilege who is baptized and receives the Holy Ghost. … I know that the gospel is true, and that God is with his people; and that if I will do my duty and keep his commandments, the clouds will roll by, and the mists will disappear.”

We need to follow the teaching of the prophets and apostles and be sincere. Study. Ponder. Pray sincerely, having faith and we will receive the Holy Ghost. 

A testimony comes when you act on the feelings from the Holy Ghost. You come to know the truth! We have testimonies to share them. It may be a friend or a neighbour but I know there is someone in your life that needs to hear it. Open your mouth and it will be filled with the words they need to hear. 

Special shoutout to Allison. Cinnamon toast crunch is my fav!!! 

I have received a load of post cards and I love them.  Thank you!

Elder Pilling :)
Sent from the land of lads 


This is what chavs look like... it's Leon!






No comments:

Post a Comment