Monday, September 18, 2017

Plant the seed, it will grow!

Hey everyone! 

Well winter is definitely coming fast!! People here would always say there is no fall, just summer then winter... it's true!! It got chilly really quick, I do love the fresh air in the morning though! 

So Facebook brought another cool experience! Wednesday we were sitting in our district meeting talking how we can use Facebook  and such and one of the elders said have you added all your investigators and members as friends. Elder Uter and I said yes but we didn't do anything after they accepted our friend requests haha. So we quickly messaged one of our members who hasn't been since she was 15, and she's 23 now. She was pleased to hear from us and after a few messages back and forth she mentioned she is taking wallpaper off her walls and re-decorating. Quite instantly I said we'd love to help can we come over? This led to that and before we knew it we were stripping wallpaper with Leon and our new friend! So all through Facebook we have created a friendship and now can teach her and her non-member husband! 

Next coolio thing. Our mission has monthly mission home firesides and we were unable to attend this one but they did a live stream of the whole thing on Facebook! I had a number of non-member friends watch some of it! Now I just need to follow up on how they liked it. 

This week has been sorta a drag in terms of finding new people but none the less I did enjoy the things I learned. In my studies I stumbled across Matthew chapter 13 and all the parables Jesus Christ used to teach the people. I would like to share some. 
Matthew 13:
31 Another parable put he forth unto them, saying, The kingdom of heaven is like to a grain of mustard seed, which a man took, and sowed in his field:
32 Which indeed is the least of all seeds: but when it is grown, it is the greatest among herbs, and becometh a tree, so that the birds of the air come and lodge in the branches thereof.

Jesus  talks about the mustard seed and how such a small seed can make such a difference. He says it is " the least of all seeds: but when it is grown, it is the greatest among herbs, and becomes a tree, so that birds of the air come and lodge in the branches Thereof." 

I believe all of our faith starts off the size of a mustard seed. But as Alma teaches faith is like a seed when planted... IT WILL GROW. This world is full of growth and so much goodness. 

Now a mustard seed of faith is not that much so surely it isn't that hard to plant. May I share my testimony of the goodness of faith and the goodness of Christ. I have seen a seed grow to become a marvellous tree. What a sight! The Gospel is good and it can do so much good for others. Let us all be farmers and plant fields of mustard and may the earth be covered in yellow! 

I'm trying to think of a funny story...... well you'll have to settle for a cool one. 
We finally had the chance to teach a less active family! I've spent weeks talking to Gareth on the doorstep but was finally let in to meet everyone. We are teaching them because their daughter Starr wants to be baptised! They haven't been to church in a few years so we have a lot to teach them! But they have puppies 🐶 two 9 week old Jack Russell's. And a Tarantula. Which I held. English people like their pets so I might as well find out why.... the spider was pretty boring but I kinda want a snake! Sorry Sister Garry haha. 

Some mid transfer changes though. Our district leader (who I love) is being moved to another area in Leeds zone 😥 new zone leaders and wow just craziness. 


Anywayyys we also took a "short cut" through a farmers field to get to an appointment. 


Ya, felt pretty good to be in the middle of nowhere :) 

Love yous :)

Elder Pilling 

Sent from the land of lads

No comments:

Post a Comment