Monday, August 14, 2017

Leon's baptism and fun p'day

This week was busy with planning Leon's baptism and interviews with President.  It was super fun though! 

The baptism was I quote "Among the best we've seen." -Assistants to the president.

We had some really inspired talks on faith and the Holy Ghost. They were perfect for Leon. 

I had quite the time preparing for the baptism. So the sister missionaries in our district don't have a font in their building so we had their baptism at 11am and ours was at 1pm. Friday night before the baptism we went over to clean the font out and prepare a few things. Well we filled the font up about 6 inches so we could wipe it all down and clean it up. It was SO dirty the water looked like a bad cup of tea with no milk. Rusty and gross. At the end we went to go drain it and the font pump didn't turn on to pump it out....... so it's 9:00 at night trying to drain some gross font water out.... didn't work. We had to leave to make it home by 9:30 and we left the font pump on over night praying it would drain. So we arrive at 8 am Saturday and I take a peak in the font and... it was full of the gross water still. Ahh panic. Our only option was to use the trash bins and scoop the after out and pour it in the toilet. Got it all out and mopped up with towels and it was finally clean! Hit the button and 50 min later the font was filled all nice and clean!  

Leon was helping haha it was so good we really enjoyed the day. 

Leon's baptism
Let's jump back to the actually baptism now. The service was all-star and really good.  We had some excellent music choices and like I said, best talks. So I've pondered how I can describe Leon's baptism the best to you all. I think the only way is to just tell you how it went. After the talks I said Leon let's go he said wait now!? Haha we walked from the chapel to the font and as we entered the toilets he was shaking and way nervous. We said a quick prayer and entered the font. It was warm and he was overwhelmed but I just said it'll be fine. Quick reassurance and I said I'm going to start. Nailed the prayer and the dunk was 10/10. He came up and said that was nice. 

Sitting during the rest of the meeting he leaned over and said, "I feel really really happy." I instantly felt so much love. I can't even describe how happy I felt. I love you all. I love the power I felt being able to baptize Leon and helping him make covenants. It's amazing the love I have been able to have with Leon and the spirit and my testimony. I felt so much cleansing as I baptized Leon. The love of God overwhelmed me. It was a pretty great day!

Today we went hiking. Man it was pretty. Good quality time with the district. One thing we discussed was that it seems like everyone is going on a mission, like girls and guys. 
Hiking Pen-y-Ghent in the Yorkshire dales.
It's about 2,300ft high haha.
 





Have a great week everyone!



Elder Pilling 

Sent from the land of lads

No comments:

Post a Comment