Monday, December 5, 2016

Fruits

Well it's my first bday in the field. It has been good. But this last
week has been incredible. I don't even know where to start. On Tuesday
we were street contacting and met a guy who lived in Utah for 3 months.
We were like, oh neat. Asked him if he has ever met missionaries and he
said he used to fix the sister missionary's bikes....... He's a semi
retiree pro mechanic...... After some more chatting turns out there's
a handmade ti bike frame company here in tiny Beverly!!!! He rides one
and said he'd show it to me. He does about 3-4,000 miles a year. Super
cool. He promised I could check out his bikes sometime. 

Fast forward to Thursday. We decided to knock on a lady's house who we had met my
first week. Quick chat on the doorstep about the plan of salvation
pamphlet, and we invited her to church.  She asked us to send a reminder
text on Sunday. Pause this story for a second. Friday we had the
opportunity to do some service for a couple in the ward. We moved a
ton of furniture around and they fed us lunch. It was THE BEST sandwich
I've ever had. They also invited us for tea later that day :) Upon
further bonding, some of their very good friends moved to Canada.
Alberta. Okotoks. Yes a second family from Beverly to Okotoks. The last name is Collins.
Spencer Collins. If you talk to them, let them know the Pashleys say hi. 
At tea we were chatting about American food and drinks. Turns out 
root beer is quite rare here which I didn't
know. But brother Pashleys quite enjoys root beer. He asked us if we
had ever tried Bunderburg root beer.... Mentioned it's an Australian
company. For those of you who don't know, that brand is my favourite
root beer and my favourite drink. He shared a few bottles with us.

On Sunday, the bishop blessed his new baby so for logistical
reasons he switched the meetings around so sacrament meeting was last.
Elder Blonquist and I were passing the sacrament so we didn't get a
chance to see if Alisha and her son came. Well THEY CAME TO CHURCH. So
because of the baby blessing there were easily twice as many people
there, so that was a little different. And bishop fed the entire ward
kinda a linger long deal. So Alisha and her son Adrian experienced an
extra cool sacrament meeting. Hoping to meet with her again later this
week. 

We have this little area close to our house where we have a few
potentials. Every Sunday we spend the day trying to contact them and
knocking on doors in the area. It's the 3rd Sunday we have done this
and every time there's a couple, Tony and Jen, who have been busy every
time we try and visit. This week they were literally headed out the
door BUT they invited us back next week for tea and a lesson!!! We
have never talked for more than 5 min with them haha. This never
happens here,


like ever. So the fruits of this week are; a titanium bike
mechanic guy, Bunderburg root beer, investigator at church, and tea
from a potential.... Today (my birthday) I got a haircut and some jam
filled doughnuts from Cooplands  (so good). And bought some root beer
😜 I think we will get my first fish and chips this week as well :)

Thank you to everyone who sent a letter or package or card. So so
blessed. Garry family, Steed family, Carmen and Kelly, Brad and Kelly,
Brad, Toni, Carmen and Kelly. Elder and Sister Garry, Grams and
Jack, Clair :) Once I figure out how this post stuff works and stuff
I'll send a return. I love getting mail btw. But I have transfers next
week so maybe don't send to my flat until you know 100% I'm staying
here.

Some random guy fishing

Bunderburg Rootbeer (Cale's favorite)

Elder Pilling
Sent from the Land of Lads

No comments:

Post a Comment