Monday, December 19, 2016

Time is flying

Hey everyone,

Time is flying by. Happy 2 months!  Couple rough weeks in there but
things are good in Beverley (hills). I found some bikes at the
house!!!! They were in a back room. They had flat tires but I pumped
em up and tuned them. We rode them for 1 night, Monday night. We rode them
to the other side of Beverley which is usually 35 min walk.  It took maybe 10
minutes on the bikes. It was sooooooo good feeling the wind. But the
seat hurt my companions bottom and he prefers walking so we
haven't ridden them since. 

This week we were able to to teach some
recent converts for family home evening at the Turners which was
really fun. Also, we had the ward Christmas party on Saturday which was so
relaxing.  We were able to spend quality time building relationships with ward
members. Sunday the choir (which I am a member of)  sang which I
love!! Song brings a special, powerful spirit to any meeting. Sunday we
had a Christmas lunch with my favourite members. Yummy food!! And good
company. Some recent converts were also invited. My favourite part is
seeing a testimony grow. Wether it's a recent convert or long time member. The
happiness the gospel brings is beyond explanation. I challenge
everyone reading to read 1 thing gospel related per day. And slowly
grow your testimony. A talk or ensign article or scriptures.
Start your day off with prayer. I can testify that as you do these
things you will be happier and you will find more joy in life. As
Christmas gets close I wish all back home a merry Christmas. Hope you
all stay safe. Stay warm. And of course have loads of fun!

Scripture of the week Matthew 10:39.  Enjoy your week everyone!!!! Also
I thank all who have supported me and uplifted me and influenced me to
serve a mission. I know this is where I am needed and I know this is
where I need to be. Thank you.

With love,

Elder Pilling


Sent from the land of lads

No comments:

Post a Comment