Tuesday, November 22, 2016

Best Day Yet

Hey Everyone,

Before I start, to all those who have ever even half thought if they
want to serve a mission or not, just go for it.  It's what the Lord
wants and he will bless you with a pure joy and happiness unlike
anything else. Studying the scriptures for 2+ hours a day is the
biggest blessing. I love the Book of Mormon and its teachings. So get
off your moon and serve a mission ya pansies. Don't wait for sports or
school just let er rip.

This week was way sweet. Met some more ward members for tea
appointments and they are sweet! There's a family that grew up here in
Beverley and moved to Canada...... Alberta..... Okotoks hahaha. They
are the Fsher family.  I went to seminary with the daughter hahaha
Crazy coincidence. I think they are in Crystal Ridge? Anyways,
Tuesday my companion had mission leadership training so he traveled to
Leeds for the day so we left Beverly Monday night took a train to Hull
and we did mini exchanges. I spent the evening and most of the day
with Elder Callahan from Edmonton!! He is cousins with Potries lol
and Elder Larson from Utah.  He is a polish speaking missionary here.
It's interesting how each person does missionary work differently. Very
bold, upbeat und fun day. I learned so much and had a blast. Wednesday
we had zone training in Hull so we went back on a train early morning.
It's about 25 min train ride and 30 bus ride. Zone training was great!
Learned tons about listening to investigators and tons about how
important the Holy Ghost is in lessons. Teach as the Saviour teaches;
with charity.  D&C 42:14 invite the spirit through prayer and obedience. It 'twas a
good day. 

We had a couple different tea appointments which went good. I've
had meat pie with mash, ham and mash, sausage and mash, fish and mash.
We did have a pumpkin squash soup that was yummy. Thursday I got
soaked!  We were knocking doors and it poured for 3 hours haha. The rain
beads off my jacket right on the ankle of my pant haha.  It was a wet
day. 

Friday was THE best day yet. At 1:30 we taught Freida our newest
investigator :) We actually street contacted her the third day I was
here. Set a return appointment with her. Taught her with a member,
Brother Drane.  It went so good! I bore testimony on the Book of Mormon
and spirit was so strong. She is excited to learn more and wants to come
to church but she is out of town for two weeks. Scheduled baptism Dec
17th. We then travelled to Sue and Roger for tea.  She got baptized a
year ago and he has been investigating since. He is so great and we're excited
to teach him more. We are the first set of missionaries who he has let
teach him in awhile. After our message on the plan of salvation we
went to Steve Roberts house who has been investigating for 12 years.
Good chat, nice guy. So y'all my day was awesome! Saturday was slower.
We had a family history event which we were at for a couple hours but
then we left to go knock doors. For 4 ish hours and had a couple
people want return visits.  Yes! There is about 8-10 families who feed
the missionaries regularly so I've almost met them all haha. Here are some pictures from the week.


It was a great week! Looking forward to the next week. Not to wish the time away but 5% done the mission already.  Haha.  I'm spending pday with the zone in Hull and having Thanksgiving dinner. Should be fun!  Have a great week.

Love,
Elder Pilling

P.S.  Whenever I introduce myself I always say I got replaced by
donkeys.  They love it.


1 comment:

  1. He sounds so good. Loving it! Best thing to hear about these young people and the experiences they are having.

    ReplyDelete