Monday, March 12, 2018

Gene, it's raining

So last week I was in Keighley for the entire pday! I had so many memories flood back! Here's a pic with my former companion and Rashid! 


  
The funeral service was perfect. So in last weeks email I sent a picture of the two old guys. I mainly went down to the funeral because I created a very special relationship with jack and Karl. Well Karl passed away so I instantly knew jack would struggle. Karl baptized Jack 22 years ago. He has been there through every step of his journey in the gospel. So we arrived and I made eye contact with Jack on the stand. Ear to ear grin, it made me so happy. The service was perfect. After, I could see Jack shuffle down the aisle and throw his arms around me in tears, saying thank you! Very special.

I went around and said hello to our neighbours.  They were thrilled so say hello. Saw Leon and a guy I taught named George. Adam got off work early so we went over there at about 3 and just chilled with them! A good refresher pday!

The rest of our week has been a tad tough. Our friend David has been pretty sick so we haven't seen him in over a week. He missed church again so we had to move his baptismal date. We are really praying we can see him tomorrow. 

We had interviews and some training from President and Sister Turvey on Wednesday. Funny story time. So Sister Turvey was talking about stress and all the things that may cause physical, emotional or spiritual stress. Well on the physical category one of the missionaries said getting assigned to a biking area.... HAHA absolutely zero physical stress if I got called there. Funny funny. 

The interviews went really well. We have 2 missionaries in the district who are nearing the end of their first transfer in the field!! Time flies!  Wow I can totally remember my first interview.  So crazy!  

This up-coming week we don't have a lot of special things, just some solid missionary work! I'm excited to hit the grind! It's finally warmer and sunnier here... not today tho lol. People tend to be happier spring and summer so I'm really really looking forward to that!

Love you all!

P.S. Congrats to Chase Websti and Izzy! Happy for you two ;) 

Elder Pilling 

Snowy district picture

No comments:

Post a Comment