Monday, December 18, 2017

New Area - Bishop Auckland



I don't know where to start...

Monday night I said goodbye to my little German friend, Elder Uter and I also found out I was moving on Thursday. So it was a speedy week.



I lived with him for about 4 months it was great. I love him. 

I had about 3 days to say goodbye and to introduce the new elder to all the people we were teaching so it was crazy.

I need to talk a little about Tuesday. Probably the best lesson I've ever been at. I was in a trio still awaiting my new companion. So Elder Beadle and Elder Seno were with me and we went and taught Adam and Mary Jane. We took brother Hancock with us who was Mary Jane's bishop when she went to church. So it was a big lesson. They all knew I was leaving. Sad moment there. Anyways we carried right along. THE SPIRIT WAS SO STRONG. We all had comments flowing perfectly. Excellent questions and really powerful scriptures. It was one of those lessons where you can say this is why I'm on a mission.

Later that night at 11pm Elder Killpack finally arrived. Had a stellar sleepover then spent some time visiting the people who really changed me. Sister Page and Brother Ashworth. We also tried lighting the world with free hot chocolate but only 1 man took some. He had a giant sticker of the catholic pope's face on his back window. Needless to say he wasn't interested. He did enjoy the cup of cocoa though.

So ya I am super sad to be leaving Keighley. I have so so so many memories there. Lots of free ice cream, enjoyed my first English summer ☀️ , and I met a family that have changed my life...

Mary Jane, Harley, me, Adam and Aubrey

There are many reasons why I am serving a mission. A major reason is the desire I have to help others. I am blessed with an amazing family. We have so much fun and have so many great blessings because of our membership in the church. So on a mission it is great to be able to build friendships but it's even better to see someone experience the blessings from heaven! (This family mean a great deal to me) I teared up when I said bye... šŸ˜­

Ok so I'm a bit further north now. I live in a place called bishop Auckland. The ward boundary is absolutely massive. The ward name is Newton Aycliffe. I don't know a lot yet but the ward is pretty busy I'd say 70-80 members which is a nice change. Finally some younger people which is so different. My district is a little different now. There are 2 wards and 2 pairs of missionaries in each ward. So there's another set of sisters in our area and a set of elders and sisters in Darlington ward. Bigger district!!! Our mission is pretty split in half so I don't know as many missionaries up here but there's plenty of time to get used to them.

Ahhh like so much to say but I don't want to bore you all. Christmas is next week!!! So crazy!

The work here is different but very exciting!! I'm quite uneasy with the move right before Christmas. But so excited as well. I was in Keighley for like 8 months... Ahhh all so crazy.

Harley is a beauty!

Also congrats to Clair Pilling. Soon to be Clair Evans.

Love,
Elder Pilling

Sent from the land of lads


No comments:

Post a Comment