Monday, November 27, 2017

The Holy Ghost is the teacher

It got cold this week!

I have no pictures...I'll snap a few today and attach below.

Every missionary always dreams and hopes to baptise a family or at
least someone who will do great things in the church. Well I think I
found the family. Adam and Mary Jane are doing pretty good. He is the
fastest learner. We leave him with stuff to read and he will read it
all again and again then do his own research on gospel library
about that topic and watch videos. It shocks us. We were teaching him
about prophets and he asked if we have prophets and apostles now. Yes
his name is Thomas S. Monson. Adam says, "Oh I watched a video with him
speaking about the Book of. Mormon" (WHAT!!!!!) like who does that. He's
very funny and will throw in comments like oh I better start saving my
money so I can pay tithing! (We haven't taught him that he Just
learned it on his own)

Listen up. Often members of the church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day
Saints are so used to the Holy Ghost it's hard for us to notice it.
Well I was in the same boat. Especially in missionary work- you teach
dozens of people who are curious but don't come to church or read.
Just like chatting. Then someone like Adam comes along. It's like wow
the Holy Ghost is really there with him teaching him. God has been
preparing Adam and his family for the gospel for years.

I talk about a lot of different things in my emails. 99% of the time I
talk about what I have learned or something that has helped me. In
reality I'm still Cale. Just an almost 21 year old. I don't know
everything. I'm not perfect. I am learning so much every single day. I
have ups and I have downs. I have learned how the gospel works in my
life. And it is great. A really big focus in our mission is teaching
what the gospel has done. I've spent so much time looking at my life.
Looking at experiences. All I can say is without our Saviour Jesus
Christ I would not have made it. I am who I am because of Jesus
Christ. His teachings have shaped me and pushed me. My values, my
goals, my desires all are based on the knowledge I have of God's plan
for us.

Alma 34:32 For behold, this life is the time for men to prepare to
meet God; yea, behold the day of this life is the day for men to
perform their labors.

We all make mistakes but it is ok. God loves us. He knows we aren't
perfect. He knows we are learning. Just keep trying and it'll all work
out.

I am a little not well at the moment. I've got a funky lump on my neck
so ya dealing with that this week. Pray for me 😃🙏🏼 (don't freak out
pls I'm still breathing fine) IM OK

Also it snowed here ! I've never been so happy to be cold.
So my companion missed about 6 inches of
the sausage, but this is the German sausage.
Well best wishes. December next week which is crazy. Love you all. Send me an email or letter. I'D LOVE IT.

Byee
Elder Pilling 
Sent from the land of lads

P.S.  It's Cale's birthday on December 5th.  Send him a quick email if you feel so inclined.

No comments:

Post a Comment